Job Type: Part-time or Full-time. Standard shifts 8AM to 4PM, with the opportunity to start earlier or end later.
The Nanaimo Smiles and Ladysmith Smiles’ team is on a mission to provide exceptional, accessible dental care in an environment that is safe, respectful and welcoming for each and every individual who walks through the door—all smiles welcome.
Who we are:
As caring and dedicated dental professionals, we thrive when we are making a difference and look for ways to help our community both in, and out of the clinic. Step into either of our modern practices and you'll likely hear our team laughing, listening to music and catching up with our fellow team members and wonderful patients. We believe oral health can be fun for those in the chair and those behind it and seek opportunities to help others smile daily.
What you’ll get by joining our team:
- Supportive and inclusive work environment that allows your individual personality to shine.
- Competitive salary and benefits package accompanied by an employer who prioritizes work-life balance (and more importantly, want you to do the same). As a practice with many parents on the team, we understand and respect your “other job.”
- Opportunity for professional growth and development through courses, lunch-n-learns and meaningful mentorship. We want to invest in you and incorporate your goals into the future of our practice.
- Super fun co-workers who genuinely love what they do and who they work with—and who enjoy celebrating any occasion possible with a sweet treat. Want to get to know our company culture a little more? Hangout with us over on social: @ladysmithsmiles and @nanaimosmiles
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive salary based on your awesome experience and qualifications.
- Comprehensive dental benefits package—because it would be weird if we didn’t offer this, right?!
- Opportunity to work in both a well-established practice and a brand new, state-of-the-art facility with room for growth. As Miley would say, it’s the best of both worlds—help us build something new, while feeling supported by our proven blueprints.
- Access to modern dental technology and equipment. From the iTero 3D scanner to portable x-ray machines, our practices are equipped with all the modern technology (and comforts) to make caring for patients as smooth as possible.
- Professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- We are located on Vancouver Island—a hard perk to top. Those of you who already live here and have undoubtedly fallen in love with the island lifestyle, we know you get it. But for those looking for an adventure and to relocate, working with us means exploring the exceptional beauty of Vancouver Island in your downtime. With the new high-speed ferry service to downtown Vancouver, there’s never been more convenient access to working on the island.
Who you are:
You are a skilled and dedicated Certified Dental Assistants (CDA) excited to put patient outcome and experience first at a state-of-the-art dental facility. You are just as passionate about making others smile at work as you are outside of work. You enjoy the benefits of island living and appreciate an employer who respects work-life balance.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Assist dentists during a variety of dental procedures, ensuring smooth workflow and optimal patient care.
- Prepare treatment rooms and sterilize instruments to maintain strict infection control standards.
- Take dental X-rays and maintain accurate patient records.
- Welcome and prepare patients for treatments, providing education and addressing concerns
- Provide chairside assistance, anticipating the dentist's needs and ensuring patient comfort
- Educate patients on oral hygiene practices and post-operative care.
- Maintain a clean and safe dental environment, adhering to infection control protocols.
In order to be considered, you have:
- Successful completion of a recognized Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) program
- Current certification and registration as a CDA in BC
- Knowledge of dental procedures, instruments, and materials
- Proficiency in taking dental X-rays and maintaining radiographic records
- Valid CPR certification
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with patients and the dental team
- Detail-oriented and able to maintain accurate patient records
- Ability to educate patients on oral health practices and answer their questions or concerns in a non judgmental, friendly manner
- Commitment to professional development and staying updated with the latest advancements in dentistry
"I enjoy coming to work so much because of the people we get to work with everyday. I think it’s pretty rare to have such a cohesive group with good vibes." — Justine, Registered Dental Hygienist
“I have been given phenomenal opportunities for growth, and have learned multiple new skills. I feel well appreciated, supported, and valued working with Nadia. She’s empathetic and has a very balanced approach to work-life balance, needing time off, fair wages, and is very open to hearing how she can improve the practice.” —Esme, Office Manager
How you can apply:
Let’s talk logistics. We are so excited to get to know YOU better and are looking for new smiles to join our team as soon as possible. To apply please send us your cover letter and email to hiring (at) vanislesmiles (dot) com with CDA in the subject line. Please also include what makes you smile outside work in your cover letter (Hint: we will be looking for those who noticed this Easter egg). Learn more about careers at either of our locations at www.vanislesmiles.com/careers/
Nanaimo Smiles and Ladysmith Smiles are people-first focused, and that means we want to get to know the person behind the resume. We are an equal opportunity employer—this isn’t just a formality, but an integral part of our practice’s core values. We celebrate and embrace our differences and our diverse backgrounds. If you require assistance or accommodations during any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at hiring (at) vanislesmiles (dot) com.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00-$30.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Dental Assisting: 1 year (required)
- Dental Assistant Certification (required)
Work Location: In person