Objectives and Description:
Looking for a change from traditional retail pharmacy? SpiritRx Services, a multiple award-winning pharmacy in Winnipeg, MB is currently seeking a listed pharmacy technician. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an outstanding team of professionals, in a positive work environment, providing service delivery with great purpose in the role. If you want to be part of this excellent team that values collaboration, reliability, high energy, efficiency, compassion, and a strong attention to detail then this might be a great fit for you!
The registered pharmacy technician will have the opportunity to work in a unique role that allows them to utilize their full scope of practice. This is a permanent position, working standard business hours Monday to Friday. Options for full-time or part-time will be considered based on the pool of applicants.
In our devotion to nurturing talent and supporting the growth of our team, SpiritRx Services is willing to provide training and exam fees to recent graduates of a CCAPP-accredited pharmacy technician program looking to become listed pharmacy technicians in Manitoba.
In its commitment to the Indigenous Community, SpiritRx Services has been an industry leader in the efficient delivery of safe and effective pharmacy and medical supply services to rural & remote communities, health centres and nursing stations for over a generation.
This role is all about team support, accountability, potential and purpose. The responsibilities within the pharmacy team will include:
- Providing patient centre-care, both at a distance and in person
- Ensuring prescriptions are filled appropriately, safely and efficiently
- Performing final checks on prescriptions
- Reviewing patient profiles for medication therapy problems
- Collaborating interprofessionally with various teams in diverse healthcare settings
Qualifications and Education:
- Licensed and in good standing with the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to prioritize important projects in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new processes
- Good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to both work independently at times, as well as embrace teamwork and collaboration
- Good computer literacy
- Awareness of Indigenous Culture and knowledge of the communities considered an asset
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Excellent hours: 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- Intermittent lifting of less than 30lbs
- Alternating sitting, walking and standing
- Flexibility in schedule as needed for business purposes
Benefits of working with SpiritRx Services: An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate and will be commensurate with experience, knowledge, and skill set.
- Inclusive work environment and team culture
- Large independent pharmacy environment
- Collaboration with the pharmacy team
- Competitive compensation package available to the right candidate
For more information about our company, SpiritRx Services and our parent company, Tribal Councils Investment Group, please visit:
We encourage candidates of Indigenous ancestry including status and non-status First Nations, Metis and Inuit, to include this information in their cover letter when applying.
At First Canadian Health, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and First Canadian Health policies.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $25.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you currently listed as a technician with the College of Pharmacists in Manitoba? If not, would you be willing to complete the process within the first 6 months of hire?
Work Location: In person