Are you looking to apply your skills to a company with a long track record of growth and success? AVL Manufacturing's Project Management Team is looking for a Project Manager with notable experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
The Project Manager’s primary function is to plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate all stages of a specific project from engineering, purchasing, quality, and manufacturing to shipping to ensure the finished product is delivered on time, within budget and meets customer quality expectations. They will be expected to work with other Project Managers and other departments to develop the necessary skills.
Job Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
1. Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate all aspects of a project through regular communication with engineering, purchasing, quality, and production departments to ensure the project is running as planned; if not, initiate corrective action to get the project back on plan.
2. Host and facilitate meetings with project stakeholders to discuss and resolve various issues.
3. Liaison with the Customer as the main point of contact to communicate project status, address open issues and manage customer change requests.
4. Create and maintain detailed work plans, project schedules/deliverables, risk management reports, projected cost reports, variance to budget reports, open issues lists, and project evaluation reports.
5. Conduct project kick-off, close-out, and lessons learned meetings with all departments to communicate project scope, work plan and deliverables.
6. Communicate, report and present the project status to Management on an ongoing basis using established reporting methods.
7. Organize and monitor paper and electronic files to ensure all project documentation is organized and secure for all aspects of the project, including contributions from other departments.
8. Coordinate external technical support to new and existing customers through field visits, customer meetings, and design reviews.
9. Manage the change management process, communicate to departments involved in changes, and communicate to the client as necessary.
10. Work with shipping, receiving, and production departments to manage the project material flow.
11. Manage multiple projects with short-term and competing deadlines at any given time.
12. Participate in estimating activities as required.
Job Specific Requirement/Knowledge/Experience:
1. Degree in Engineering and Business Administration and 3 - 5 years of project planning and project management experience
2. PMP certification is an asset but not required.
3. P. Eng. Designation in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
4. Demonstrate competence in Creativity, Innovation, Teamwork, Problem Solving, Decision Making, Organization and Planning.
5. Advanced experience with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Project) and ERP Management Systems, preference for Visual Manufacturing.
6. Self-motivated with strong organizational and leadership skills.
7. Must have a valid driver's license and the ability to travel primarily in North America but potentially abroad.
1. Demonstrate knowledge and an understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
2. Understand how this position impacts the quality of products and services provided to our customers.
3. Produce quality work (on-spec., on time, on budget).
4. Participate pro-actively in the continuous improvement process.
5. Be self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to multitask.
6. Work well within a team environment.
7. Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
8. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
9. Maintain a professional, clean and safe work area.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- What is your salary expectation?
Work Location: In person