CRUX Psychology is seeking a qualified office administrator who builds rapport with clients, acts in a professional and competent manner, possesses a strong work ethic, and has an exceptional eye for detail. Reporting to the Practice Manager, Jennifer Sherry, the successful candidate will demonstrate excellent customer service skills, a positive attitude, and a strong desire to learn new tasks. The office administrator must be punctual and reliable and must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Previous medical office experience is preferred (but not required).
CRUX Psychology provides expert individual therapy, couples therapy, and assessment services backed by science and delivered with compassion. We are a growing practice with four psychologists. Dr. Simon Sherry is recognized for his expertise in clinical practice and scientific research. He is a tenured Professor in the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience at Dalhousie University, where he directs research on personality and mental health. In his clinical practice, Dr. Sherry assesses and treats eating disorders, alcohol problems, depression, anxiety, and personality disorders. He is joined by three other talented psychologists: Dr. Robyn McClure, Dr. Rebecca Burwell, and Dr. Conor Barker. For more information about CRUX Psychology, visit cruxpsychology.ca.
Office Administrator Duties:
- Communicate with clients, staff, and stakeholders in a courteous and professional manner.
- Answer telephone and e-mail inquiries, relay messages and information accurately, with follow-ups as required.
- Coordinate the scheduling of client appointments, including responding to cancellations and maintaining active wait lists.
- Maintain office filing system, forms, and records to ensure efficient storage and retrieval of material.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assist clients with payment for therapy sessions, reports, or other services.
- Direct bill insurance companies when applicable.
- Greet and check in clients upon arrival.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Manage and maintain client database(s), including data entry.
- Manage inventory of clinical supplies and place orders as required.
- Handle highly sensitive information and maintain client confidentiality.
- Maintain office policy documents and make updates as required.
- Maintain office equipment, including computers and copy machines.
- Flexibly handle additional duties upon request.
- Two-years experience in a customer service or administrative role, preferably in a clinic or an office environment.
- University degree or college diploma from a relevant discipline.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and other business software applications and systems.
- Trustworthy and discreet about confidential information.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Career and achievement focused.
- Organized and work under tight timeframes.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Polite, thoughtful, kind, and conscientious.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
Hours and Salary:
Part-time with 20 hours per week at $18-$23 an hour, depending upon experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and addressed to Jennifer Sherry, CRUX Psychology Practice Manager.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: $18.00-$23.00 per hour
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person