Genesis Motion Solutions, a Koch Engineered Solutions company, is seeking a dedicated junior to intermediate level Quality Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a Quality Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in upholding the quality of our industry-leading electric motor and gearing products by collaborating with our Manufacturing Engineering, Product Development, and Assembly teams to establish and maintain effective quality systems and processes.
At Genesis, there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy, and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics and automation revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company's inception. The best part? We are just getting started.
What You Will Do
Internal Quality Responsibilities:
Conduct internal investigations to identify and resolve quality issues, non-conformities, and customer complaints.
- Process Documentation and Controls - develop and implement control plans, PFMEA, inspections plans, and other critical documentation to ensure the quality and reliability of our manufacturing processes and products.
- Review and analyze engineering drawings to ensure product quality and adherence to specifications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify areas for quality improvement and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead quality activities on New Product Introduction (NPI) during all development stages.
Quality System Implementation and Improvement:
Participate in the development and implementation of quality standards, procedures, and guidelines for our internal processes.
- Assist in root cause analysis and corrective action plans to address quality system issues, non-conformities, and customer complaints.
- Help monitor and analyze performance data to identify trends and areas for improvement; and develop risk mitigation strategies.
Collaboration and Cross-functional Support:
Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, including Assembly, Product Development, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing Engineering teams, to ensure the integration of quality requirements across our organization.
Participate in cross-functional teams to support new product development, engineering changes, and cost reduction initiatives.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related technical field.
- Professional experience in a Quality Engineering.
- Familiarity with quality management systems, such as ISO 9001.
- Experience in root cause analysis and corrective actions.
Knowledge of GD&T.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience as a quality engineer, quality analyst, or quality specialist.
- Quality-related certifications or training.
- Familiarity with electronics and/or electric motors manufacturing.
- Familiarity with machining processes and surface finishes.
- Strong interest in contributing to the continuous improvement of our internal Quality Management System (QMS).
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Who We Are
As part of Koch Engineered Solutions, we at Genesis Motion Solutions are redefining motion - changing the way automation and robotics are designed and perform and disrupting one of today's most rapidly growing and transformative technologies in unexpected ways. We look for inspiration beyond the conventional and encourage collaboration in the creative process. All of this is wrapped in a deep commitment to our core values. Sound like you? Join our team!
About Koch Engineered Solutions
Koch Engineered Solutions, part of the Koch Industries family of companies, is a dynamic network of businesses that work together to create an ecosystem of domain expertise. Increasing operational efficiency and safety. Reducing waste and emissions. The manufacturing challenges of today aren't just about improving performance or practicing environmental stewardship, such as managing water and waste, reducing carbon emissions and increasing energy efficiency. They are about doing both, but better. That's where you come in. We are a people company. It's our people who bring the domain expertise and engineered solutions to our customers. Join our ranks and change the world.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.