Do you believe in the power of teamwork and sharing ideas? Do you take pride in delivering exceptional quality and service with everything you do? Do you seek out ideas for improving the status quo? If you want to make a difference and love being surrounded by the best and the brightest, Bureau Veritas Laboratories might be the place for you!
Imagine being surrounded by the brightest minds in the industry.
Bureau Veritas is looking for an:
ANALYST 1 – Semi-Volatiles
This is a Full-Time position with Medical Benefits and Retirement Savings Plan
Join our talented team of experts in the scientific field to advance your technical knowledge and advance your career. Every day we go above and beyond to deliver innovative solutions to help our clients make important decisions that directly impact the community and the environment.
We are seeking an Analyst 1 in the Semi-volatiles section of the Organic Department. Incumbent will be responsible for all aspects of preparation and analysis of samples submitted for PCB analysis. This will include, but not be limited to, sample extraction, standard and reagent preparation, instrument maintenance, calibration, analysis and troubleshooting. Reporting of test results and performance of any development activities requested by Manager/Supervisor.
As an ANALYST 1, your responsibilities are:
Performs chemical analysis using a variety of laboratory instrumentation. Prepares samples for more complex analytical testing procedures.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and ensure strict adherence to procedures.
- Prepare solutions, reagents and samples for complex analyses.
- Ensure analytical records (e.g. raw data, sample preparation logs, QC data) are properly labelled, completed and filed.
- Operate instruments such as mass spectrometers and gas chromatographs, and maintain up to date maintenance and daily operating records.
- Clearly understand the requirements of each project prior to commencing. This includes: number of samples, type, identification and location, method to be used, procedure analysis required, QA/QC requirements and required completion date and work schedule.
- Meet quality and turnaround time specifications required by the client and ensure samples are analysed within holding time requirements.
- Provide supervisor with updates on workstation status including advance notification of any delays.
- Maintain control charts as per QA manual requirements, monitor for failure to meet tolerances, develop remedial action plans and review with Supervisor prior to implementing.
- May direct work of Lab Tech staff.
- Overtime and weekend work will be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
You are an ideal ANALYST 1 if you have [Minimum Requirements]:
- Technical diploma required, B.Sc. preferred
- Analytical Chemistry
- GC experience preferred
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures and instrumental techniques
- Good analytical laboratory skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good multi-tasking abilities
- Good independent worker
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure to meet challenging deadlines
Bureau Veritas is a world leader in testing, inspection and certification services.
When we look at Bureau Veritas, we want to see a reflection of the communities in which we work. Inclusion is about actively involving every employee’s ideas, knowledge, perspectives, approaches and styles to maximize business success. Inclusion is about attracting new talent who will bring more diversity to our workforce, with differences in culture, professional backgrounds and beliefs.
Join our talented community of scientists and experts and apply today at http://bvlabs.com/careers/current-opportunities
Bureau Veritas Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations that are required. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
Shaping a World of Trust