As an integral member of the interdisciplinary care team, the Dietitian is responsible for the planning, monitoring, and approving of menu foods. The Dietitian provides therapeutic services to individual Residents. The Dietitian works in collaboration and consults with the Food Services Manager to ensure food services meet all legislative standards, Park Place policy and Resident satisfaction. Treats Residents with dignity and demonstrates an attitude of caring. The Dietitian ensures a commitment to Resident safety and to our “culture of safety” as per Park Place Strategic Directions
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. In collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team and the Resident and/or family, assesses all Residents upon Move-In and annually to complete a documented, in-depth nutritional assessment, based on the Resident’s needs, abilities, and goals.
2. Provides consultation to the Food Services Manager in planning the menu and textured diets, and other dietary matters as they arise. Approves the rotating menu.
3. Performs swallowing assessments and makes recommendations on diet textures, feeding techniques and safety precautions.
4. Counsels Residents and family members on therapeutic diets, and other nutritional concerns.
5. Prescribes dietary supplements as appropriate (e.g., Resident with weight loss, wounds) and monitors their effectiveness and use.
6. Monitors quality of food served to Residents and Resident’s acceptability of items served.
7. Provides employees in-service education on nutrition related topics (e.g., dysphagia, therapeutic diets).
8. Responsible for routinely reviewing Resident weight data and following up with an in-depth nutritional assessment and plan revision as appropriate.
9. Coordinates and participates in MDS data entry by communicating with and observing the Resident and communicating with interdisciplinary team members and family.
10. Responsible for both the Minimum Data Set (MDS) and the Resident Assessment Protocols (RAPs) as it pertains to nutrition, which includes but is not limited to care plans, progress notes, assessments, profiles and/or tracking.
11. Documents complete, accurate and relevant data for every Resident according to Park Place’s policies
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 7.5 per week
- Registered Dietitian: 1 year (preferred)
Ability to Commute:
- Medicine Hat, AB T1C 8V1 (preferred)
Ability to Relocate:
- Medicine Hat, AB T1C 8V1: Relocate before starting work (preferred)
Work Location: In person