About Samuel, Son & Co., Limited
At Samuel, we believe every team member brings unique and valuable skills, experiences, and knowledge to our thriving business – enabling us to build on over 167 years of success in the metals industry. We offer countless opportunities for our team members to develop and grow in their careers, empower them to make decisions on the job and be a part of driving positive change – within our organization and in the communities where we live and work. If you’re seeking an inclusive, supportive, and welcoming workplace to make your mark and grow your career, we have the programs, culture, and opportunities to make it happen. We’re stronger together.
Here are some of the great benefits that we offer:
- Competitive wage
- Company paid health and dental benefits
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company match
- Opportunity for career stability and growth
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Protective personal equipment is provided or cost of purchase is reimbursed
- Affinity group for women (dependent on location)
- On the job training
Responsibilities: Production Management
- Oversee the production schedule, ensuring timely delivery of packaging equipment while meeting quality standards.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to prioritize production orders, allocate resources, and resolve any production-related issues.
- Monitor production processes, identify bottlenecks, and implement solutions to improve efficiency and throughput.
- Establish and maintain quality control procedures and standards to ensure the manufacturing of high-quality products.
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team to develop and implement quality improvement initiatives.
- Conduct regular audits and inspections to identify areas for improvement and take appropriate corrective actions.
Resource Planning and Optimization
- Work closely with the Supply Chain and Procurement teams to manage inventory levels, ensuring the availability of required raw materials and components for production.
- Optimize resource allocation, including equipment, manpower, and facilities, to maximize productivity and minimize downtime.
- Continuously evaluate production processes, identify opportunities for automation, and propose capital expenditure projects to enhance efficiency.
Team Leadership and Development
- Lead and manage a team of production supervisors, operators, technicians, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and other personnel.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and training to enhance the skills and performance of the operations and engineering teams.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, accountability, and continuous improvement within the department.
Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering Oversight
- Collaborate closely with the mechanical engineering and electrical engineering teams to ensure alignment between product design, mechanical systems, and electrical systems.
- Provide guidance and support in the development and improvement of product designs to enhance manufacturability, quality, and efficiency.
- Foster collaboration between the engineering and production teams to drive innovation and continuous improvement in product development and manufacturing.
Health, Safety, and Compliance
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations, company policies, and industry standards.
- Implement and enforce best practices for workplace safety, accident prevention, and risk mitigation.
- Conduct regular safety training and maintain a safe working environment for all employees.
- Drive and champion continuous improvement initiatives, such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, or other relevant methodologies.
- Analyze production data and performance metrics to identify areas for improvement and implement strategies to increase operational efficiency and reduce costs.
- Foster a culture of innovation and encourage employees to contribute ideas for process optimization, product enhancements, and engineering improvements.
- 10 years experience in Operations Management in a manufacturing or industrial environment. Experience in equipment manufacturing or packaging industry considered a strong asset.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations Management, or a related field.
- Minimum Green Belt is required.
- Strong technical knowledge of packaging equipment and production processes.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse workforce.
- Demonstrated experience in driving process improvements and implementing lean manufacturing principles.
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a data-driven approach.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across teams and communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and best practices in industrial/manufacturing environments.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
At Samuel we believe in a culture of equality. Respect and integrity are at our core. We are committed to building and embracing a diverse workforce and creating an environment that is open and inclusive for everyone.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Work Location: In person