A team of dedicated professionals
Gear Equipment Inc. is a Canadian owned and operated construction services company providing a growing range of equipment and services. When Gear Equipment started operations in Ontario in June 2014, Gear had only two Vac Trucks and a dream. By 2015 Gear Equipment had 6 trucks in our fleet and grew again in 2016 to 16 units, and we continue to expand. Our Dry Suction and Wet / Dry Hybrid capabilities bring time and cost-saving innovation to our customers.
We are looking for a Dispatcher for our Bradford location who will be responsible for day-to-day interactions with our customers looking to schedule trucks and other associated services. This roles will be responsible for gaining an understanding of customer requirements, including scheduling and appropriate equipment assignments. This role will be accountable for being responsive to incoming client calls and communicating internally with Gear operations personnel and leadership, maintenance staff and accounting regularly and in a timely manner.
If you are looking to work for a growing company who values the contribution of its employees and you demonstrate creativity, initiative, flexibility and a high-level commitment, Gear might be the place for you.
This is a hybrid role that will require flexibility of hours to accept customer calls or emails between 6 am and 6 pm, but will only be required on-site in the office up to 1 day per week with the rest of the time spent working remotely from home.
The duties for this role will include:
- Responsible for taking and responding to daily customer calls to schedule Gear equipment and services
- Working with customers to gain an understanding of their specific needs, including volumes, equipment, work type and timing (date, time of day, duration, etc.)
- Communicating in a timely manner with Operations leadership and personnel to assign and schedule equipment and resources for requested customer jobs.
- Where possible, securing extra services during customer interactions, such as additional trucks, equipment, service dates, etc.
- Ensuring that all scheduled customer orders are entered in a timely and accurate manner into the Gear scheduling software to provide transparency on upcoming resource requirements.
- Updating customer records including key personnel and points of contact (phone number, email, etc.) for clients
- Work closely with Maintenance staff to schedule equipment repairs to minimize downtime and day-to-day impacts on service and equipment availability.
- Assist with Inventory and Maintenance processes by helping to receive incoming parts shipments, print inventory labels and other associated processes in order to ensure accurate perpetual inventory levels.
- Assist with any other tasks or projects as required to meet company objectives.
Requirements & Skills:
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalency
- Post secondary education preferred
- 3 years experience preferred
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Previous dispatch experience considered an asset
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast, flexible, multi-task environment with minimal supervision
- Strong problem solving skills
- Solid communication skills both verbally (phone) and written (email)
- Strong knowledge of all MS Office programs, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Previous experience in the construction industry is considered an asset
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- dispatching: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Bradford, ON L3Z 3T1