Our incredible team at Mosaic is looking for a Registered Veterinary Technologist to join our progressive, mixed animal practice in Drayton Valley, AB on a full-time, permanent basis!
About Mosaic Veterinary Partners
At Mosaic, our purpose is to help people help animals. Mosaic Veterinary Partners is elevating rural mixed animal practices through investment, management, and practice support, all while keeping our people and the animals we serve at the forefront. Mixed Animal medicine is what we do best, and the Mosaic crew is committed to supporting and leading practice teams by fostering an environment of collaboration, connection, and care. Looking for diverse caseload and a team of mentors to support your personal development? We think you might like it at Mosaic!
The Team and Community:
We may be biased, but we think that our team in Drayton Valley is pretty special. Employees and clients of Rocky Rapids Veterinary Services alike can tell you that walking through our beautiful clinic feels like home. We have a tight-knit team who enjoy working together and value being able to truly get to know our clients and patients. Our bright, spacious rooms, warm reception makes a person want to stay a little longer.
Our RVT’s must display a positive attitude, enthusiasm and commitment to animal care, while possessing strong organizational skills, excellent telephone and in-person communication skills, and the ability to remain calm under pressure. Our employees are passionate and show great compassion for animals and their owners and understand the stress that patients and clients are under. As we are a mixed animal practice, RVT’s must be comfortable working around multiple species of animals. Our RVT’s daily duties comprise of the following, but they are not limited to these duties: nursing care, anesthesia, diagnostic imaging and testing, client education and interaction including admissions and discharges, filling prescriptions and attending farm calls with DVM’s as needed.
As our ideal candidate, you have:
- A passion for what you do every day! Enthusiasm, energy, and a positive attitude are a must;
- A love for mixed animal medicine;
- Exceptional problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and written communication skills;
- A strong desire to educate and build strong relationships with clients;
- A positive team player attitude to enable our team to grow and flourish;
- A love for diversity in the type of work you do;
- The ability to lift 35+ pounds without assistance;
- Strong organizational skills which allow you to stay focused and work under pressure;
- Graduate of an accredited two-year veterinary technology program;
- Registered or eligible for registration with the relevant governing bodies;
Mosaic is most proud of the mentorship that we are able to provide our clinic teams. Our Partnership team is comprised of team members who are world renowned in their fields (bovine and equine medicine, to name a few!) and they love supporting development of our team members.
We also offer:
- Competitive group benefits;
- Competitive vacation time;
- Personal time and wellness benefits;
- Referral bonuses;
- Continuing education hours and allowances;
- Signing bonuses;
- Staff discounts at the clinics;
- Relocation assistance.
Mosaic is proud to support relocations as well as licensing and membership dues.
Mosaic Veterinary Partners is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Mosaic Veterinary Partners will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.