Vertical Start-Up Commissioning Group Inc. (VSC) has a unique opportunity for an Engineering Research General Manager. This role is vital to the direction, performance, and success of the company. This role plans and manages the operations of our Commissioning team while achieving project deadlines and financial expectations. The role consults with clients to prepare specifications, explain proposals, and present report findings. It is responsible for executing commissioning and commissioning-related services on construction projects that range in size, type, and complexity. The role also leads the management of the sales program, the division’s team, and the division’s resources including the recruitment of staff. Our ideal candidate is deeply driven with energy and passion for providing best-in-class services with an ability to develop high performing teams and motivate them toward successful outcomes and delivering quality results. You enjoy networking, building professional relationships, and growing the business. We are seeking a leader who brings fifteen (15) to twenty (20) years of experience in working with building systems and team management. Candidates must have significant field experience in commissioning. Additional experience in engineering, testing and balancing, energy auditing, retro-commissioning, building operations, controls, maintenance, and/or system installation will be advantageous. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
About VSC Group Inc.
Vertical Start-Up Commissioning Group Inc. (VSC Group) is a boutique company focused on technical services in the GTA construction marketplace. VSC Group is focused on all levels of commissioning and technical services from intense pharmaceutical facilities to fundamental mechanical systems.
- Leverage current and new professional relationships to develop project opportunities,
- Be responsible for executing commissioning and commissioning-related services on construction projects which will range in type, size, and complexity,
- Lead the commissioning team on multiple projects simultaneously while achieving project deadlines and financial expectations,
- Develop, nurture, and grow client relationships,
- Achieve project objectives (such as is detailed in: Owner’s Project Requirements, Construction Contract Documents, LEED or other building rating systems),
- Develop clear and concise written reports that convey technical information,
- Direct and/or conduct and document commissioning and related testing,
- Provide commissioning-related advice to the project Commissioning Team,
- Contribute to the improvement of internal VSC processes and documentation,
- Create proposals and quotations to win new projects,
- Complete RFP / RFQ responses and fee proposals,
- Lead the management of the sales program,
- Lead and manage VSC professional staff and resources,
- Projects will primarily be located in the GTA, however, occasional travel to other locations, other provinces, and territories may be required.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of professional experience,
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering,
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.,) with PEO,
- Commissioning accreditation ASHRAE (BCxP or BCxA),
- A valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Ability to foster and nurture professional relationships,
- Integrity and a passion for excellence,
- Entrepreneurial spirit,
- A thoughtful decision-maker who is adaptable,
- A trusted leader who values collaboration and teamwork,
- Accountable for all deliverables and meeting deadlines,
- Ability to leverage technical teammates to back-fill technical support,
- Experience in a multi-task oriented, dynamic work environment,
- Excellent problem solver,
- Proficient using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Cx Alloy)
- Daily travel with own automobile to go to and from job sites,
- Occasional travel to job sites outside the GTA,
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations (both in-person and virtually),
- Lifting or moving up to 50lbs may be required,
- Occasional work outdoors in all seasons
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply at: [email protected]
Job location: 2255 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite E-332, Toronto, ON M2J 4Y1
Language requirement: English (written and spoken).
VSC is an equal opportunity employer who actively supports access for all people regardless of race, religion, colour, gender identity, gender expression, orientation, sex, age, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, disability, creed, family status, and marital status.
Health and Safety is an integral value of VSC. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to VSC as a condition of employment. You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Should you require accommodations, please reach out to [email protected] and we will be in touch to ensure the most appropriate accommodations are arranged for you.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in our organization, but regret that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $190,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site childcare
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Ability to Commute:
- Toronto, ON M2J 4Y1 (preferred)
Ability to Relocate:
- Toronto, ON M2J 4Y1: Relocate before starting work (preferred)
Work Location: In person