Subsidiary: Colas Canada Inc.
The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for supporting senior management in the execution of the project. The incumbent will manage project teams within their assigned subdiscipline to successful completion of all project deliverables, related documentation, and coordination of project requirements. Will be the key interface between Design, Procurement and Construction and provide input based on proven previous track record of successful project delivery. You will use your exceptional people management skills to coordinate the efforts of a multi-disciplined team, liaise with senior management and oversee the project’s performance is safe, on-time and on-budget.
Coordinate resources as needed, both internal and external, and ensure relevant stakeholders are kept informed (i.e. Procurement, Human Resources, Commercial.)
- Assist Superintendents and Coordinators with technical relations between subcontractors when required.
- Coordinate and lead internal meetings regarding progress, obstacles and solutions.
- Ensure design follow-up with engineers and that all requirements for build documentation are met.
- Provide guidance as to constructability in area of expertise when required.
- Prepare estimates with the Coordinators, and provide necessary documentation for payment claims.
- Review and query invoices and schedules as required, ensuring accurate submissions.
- Ensure the completion of deliverables at the end of the milestones. Manage project to close- out phase.
- Analyze project risks and market conditions, review available procurement alternatives, recommend contractor and consultant selection criteria.
- Participate in any incident investigation and provide full and transparent cooperation to determine root cause(s) and corrective action(s.)
- Provide proactive reports of completion of projects and apply necessary follow up.
- Complete all reports required on time and completely.
- Act as Site Supervisor when required.
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, or applicable related field from an accredited university in their field of specification (i.e., Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering.)
- Registered as a Professional Engineer with APEGA or eligible to transfer registration from another jurisdiction.
- 15+ years of demonstrable success in heavy mega infrastructure projects (public infrastructure and/ or LRT/ linear transportation preferred.)
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes and legislation in their field of specialty.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, planning, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain poise and tact amid difficult situations.
- Willingness to do what is needed to keep the project moving.
- Familiarity with construction and in-house software such as BluBeam, Primavera P6, AutoCad, Excel.
- Technical writing skills and strong blueprint reading ability.
- Design-related experience an asset, such as roadways, grading, drainage, structural, design of bridges, and facilities, post-tensioning, light rail, retaining walls, foundations, etc .
- Project and people management experience.
- Experience writing technical reports.
- Excellent task and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across disciplines.
- Experience presenting to clients and public stakeholders an asset.
- Knowledge of project or design engineering standards withing a government or design-build environment is an asset.
- Contract management experience is an asset.
- Strong analytical, business planning skills and the ability to lead and coordinate strategic objectives.
- Ability to balance technical requirements with non-technical competing priorities.
- Previous experience preparing technical specifications and design reports an asset.
- Previous experience preparing construction cost estimates.
Colas is a Canadian leader in transportation infrastructure – materials, construction, and maintenance. From roads to rail, airports to ports, we build some of the most important projects that connect our communities.
Backed by our network of Colas companies across Canada and the Colas Group worldwide, Colas offers a wide range of innovative and sustainable solutions for the construction and maintenance of transportation infrastructure.
Join the largest transportation infrastructure group in the world and help connect Canada.
DIVERSITY IS IMPORTANT TO US
At Colas, we believe our workforce should reflect the diversity of the communities we connect. By living our core values of Caring, Sharing, and Daring, we welcome all those who help create the links that bring us together. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, ethnicity, national origin, religious beliefs, disability, marital or family status, gender, gender identity or expression.