If you are not local, you will be provided mileage and accommodation.
Prince Albert, SK
Registered Nurses are integral to the interdisciplinary medical team providing healthcare services to detainees at a Local Correctional Facility. As a Registered Nurse on the team, you are responsible for providing 24/7 nursing services to a wide range of individuals with a wide range of medical and mental health concerns.
Supporting infection control measures and educating detainees on public health issues is a primary function of this role. You will administer medication, respond to traumas and assist in running clinics with a multidisciplinary team. Registered Nurse are part of the primary healthcare resource for the detainees and are responsible for providing support to individuals of all ages.
This role is well suited to a Registered Nurse who is capable of working autonomously within their scope of practice.
- Performing medical assessments
- Checking and monitoring basic vital signs
- Collecting blood samples and fluids
- Treating medical emergencies for patients experiencing issues such as heart attacks or strokes
- Managing or responding to outbreaks such as influenza and other contagious diseases
- Preparing, distributing, and administering prescriptions and over-the-counter medications
- Maintaining and updating medical files
Qualifications and Skills Requirements
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse.
- Updated CPR
- Recent Criminal Record check or the ability to get one.
- Ability to apply for a security clearance- Enhanced Reliability Level