Care pharmacies is looking for a motivated team-minded pharmacy leader to bring our Kyte's PharmaChoice team in Cole Harbour to the next level.
Care Pharmacies is dedicated to looking after our staff by keeping them happy and healthy at work and beyond. With stores across the country, we take experiences and suggestions from within the company to innovate and grow our pharmacies and provide the best patient care. Our company is owned, run, and managed by pharmacists who have worked on the front lines and are striving to help each employee grow to their maximum potential.
The ideal candidate will be able to anchor the pharmacy team by using the full gamut of a Registered Pharmacy Technician's skills. Our pharmacy uses Kroll software to its fullest by moving the Pharmacist to input prescriptions and take care of a clinical assessment from the beginning so the Technician can take care of the technical check. Passage PharmaChoice has five pharmacy assistants and one other technician on staff to work alongside you and our pharmacists. We also have a Parata to help automate prescription counting and reduce the workload on our team.
- Complete all technical tasks in the prescription preparation process, including the final check
- Lead the pharmacy assistants through the day-to-day tasks
- Perform technical checks on blister packs
- Counsel patients on medical devices, especially for diabetes care
- Receive / transcribe verbal prescriptions from practitioners
- Pharmacy Technician licensed with NSCP
- History of strong communication skills with a team and with patients
- Experience with Kroll dispensing software is an asset
- Flexibility in job hours including evenings and weekends
- Current drug injection license is strongly desired
- Health and dental care plan
- Injection services bonus
- Licensing/insurance fees paid
- Store discount
Note: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
- Pharmacy Technician License (required)
Work Location: In person