Experience the Somerville difference for your career!
Licensed 310T Truck and Coach Technician - Scarborough Location
\*\*\*Includes a signing bonus of up to $5000 and 4 Day Work Week\*\*\*
Join our growing, forward-thinking team! For over 60 years, Somerville has been a name that represents integrity and quality in the transportation industry. Our highly trained sales and service teams have earned a credible reputation through their unwavering commitment to customer service excellence. We are deeply rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. We focus on caring about people, working together, and teamwork.
As a Somerville Licensed 310T Truck and Coach Technician, you already possess a high level of knowledge and dedication to your trade. You’ll be the very heart of the Service Team that gets our customers safely on the road and keeps them there. Join the Team that recognizes your important role in commercial vehicle safety.
With us, you will develop your Cummins and Hino Certification, and your Decisiv experience. Professionals looking for personal & professional growth that ties into a long lasting career with mobility opportunities will find that within our Somerville Auto Group organization.
What you'll be doing:
- Adjusting/testing steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature.
- Diagnosing malfunctions and performing vehicle repairs.
- Diagnosing, Testing and Rebuilding engines etc.
- Meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Consistently demonstrating a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Showing your willingness to take on new challenges.
- Enjoying the opportunity to work in a truly team environment.
- Maintaining a safe and clean, productive and efficient work area.
- Maintaining the ability to work days and/or evening shifts.
- Attending and participating in manufacturer & dealer training.
- Completing your ‘WHMIS’ Certificate
Somerville is committed to personal development for all team members who have the motivation and attitude to evolve. We promote diversity and inclusion and respect the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination.
- Full “G” Class Driver’s license with a good driving record.
- 310T Truck and Coach Technician License.
- Full set of technician tools required for general repairs (shop tools supplied).
- Proficiency in SCR and DPR exhaust systems.
- The ability to diagnose and rectify faults.
- Diagnostic software knowledge and experience.
- Experience with computerized diagnostics and repairing electrical systems.
- Minimum experience of 3-5 years inclusive of apprenticeship.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Ability to proactively problem-solve and think logically.
- Good communication skills.
Culture Matters. We are a family-owned business that cares about one another as much as we care about our customers! At Somerville your voice will be heard, as we are always looking for ways to improve and innovate. We believe in: "May the best idea win.” Employee Surveys & Bi-Annual reviews allow for ample communication and feedback outside of regular day to day operations. We support work-life balance and support our team members accordingly.
- Up to $5000 signing bonus paid over three installments.
- A 4-Day work week! Save time on your commute!
- A great work environment!
- Competitive salary and monthly bonus plan.
- Cummins Certified Training.
- Hino Certified Training.
- An Excellent Health and Dental Benefits program.
- Vision care.
- Your birthday off, with pay!
- Uniforms at no cost.
- An Annual allowance for safety boots.
- A Referral bonus.
- Fun Company Social Events
- Exposure to State of the Art Tools and Equipment maintained at the highest standard.
At Somerville Hino, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. Somerville is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person