Boulton Avenue Child Care Centre has been around for 45 years and has a wonderful rapport in the South Riverdale community. We are currently operating with an infant, toddler and preschool programs catering to 72 children. We are professional, engaging, inclusive, and our goal is to operate a safe, nurturing and welcoming place where children have every opportunity to learn and grow. As a not-for-profit organization, we strive to provide affordable daycare to families in the Riverdale community. In operation since the early 1980s, Boulton Avenue Child Care Centre gets its name from the original location on Boulton Avenue. Since 2003, we have operated the Centre in the Royal Canadian Curling Club Building. With 5 bright and cheerful program rooms, a kitchen, and a unique and secure roof-top playground, the Centre continues to provide well-rounded programs for children..
Our work environment includes:
- Casual work attire
- On-the-job training
- Growth opportunities
We are looking for an Early Childhood Teacher to join our team and provide a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment for young children. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing lesson plans, supervising students, and managing classroom activities. The ideal candidate will have a passion for teaching, excellent communication skills, and the ability to create a positive learning environment.
- Develop and implement age-appropriate lesson plans and activities for children.
- Observe and assess children's development and behavior.
- Create a safe, nurturing, and stimulating environment for children.
- Provide guidance to children on social interactions and behavior.
- Communicate with parents about their child's progress.
- Maintain accurate records of student progress.
- Ensure the safety of the children in the classroom.
- Responsible for the constant supervision, safety and well being of the children
- Acknowledges and responds to the needs of each child
- Uses a variety of teaching techniques including role modeling, observing, questioning
- Ability to develop and implement a program that follows the lead of the children and creates an inclusive and stimulating environment to encourage each child to explore and learn on various topics of interest.
- Maintains open and regular communication with co-workers
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written
- Demonstrates skills working as a team player, while upholding regular communication with families
- Ensure the classroom operates in compliance with childcare licencing standards
- Maintains and ensures all records including but not limited to attendance, accidents reports, daily programming are completed on a daily basis
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Attend and participate in all program /centre meetings and events as required
- Early Childhood Educator Diploma or Degree (RECE)
- Registered with the College of ECE and in good standings
- Knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA)
- An understanding of How Does Learning Happen? and ELECT
- Valid Certificate for CPR and Standard First Aid
- Up to date immunizations including 2 step TB (Tuberculosis) test.
- Current Criminal background check including vulnerable sector
- Minimum 3 (three) years experience working in the childcare field
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 24 per week
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Secondary School (preferred)
Ability to Commute:
- Toronto, ON M4M 2E9 (preferred)
Ability to Relocate:
- Toronto, ON M4M 2E9: Relocate before starting work (preferred)
Work Location: In person