We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for sustainability, quality and integrity. Our 98,000 employees operate a network of 2,650 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
Great SGS Opportunity at the Imperial Oil Rail Yard in Edmonton, AB.
Please remember that the successful candidate will have to complete Drug & Alcohol Testing, provide a clear 5 year Driver's Abstract, complete a Criminal Background Check and provide 2 professional References.
Schedule - 12 hour shifts with 80 hours every two weeks:
Week One Schedule (6 Am to 6 PM): Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Week Two Schedule (6 AM to 6 PM): Wednesday, Thursday
Also Required: High School Diploma
Rail Car Loading Duties Include:
- Visually inspect tops and bottoms of rail cars in order to ensure car is mechanically sound with no defective equipment prior to loading or unloading hydrocarbons.
- Physically open railcar manway and prepare car for loading by installing applicable loading arms or hoses into the railcars.
- Utilizing loading manifests load the desired amount of specific product into the railcars and capture inspections, loading volumes, temperatures, as well as releases on applicable checklists and manifests
- Physically break down loading equipment and secure railcar for shipping as per TDG standards
- Work outdoors in a team setting at both ground level and elevation on railcar loading racks
- Understand, Utilize, and Champion a behavioral based safety system to achieve the goal of zero losses
Education: High school Diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- Experience: 0-1 years of relevant work experience required or equivalent experience through education.
- Previous experience in a Petroleum Refinery field would be a strong asset.
- Ability and willingness to work rotating on-call shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Sufficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be comfortable working outdoors for entire shift
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.