Neighbourly Pharmacy, Canada’s largest and fastest growing network of community pharmacies is now accepting applications for a staff pharmacist to join the team at the Glenmore Compounding Center in Calgary.
Neighbourly is proud to offer you employee stock ownership plan, RRSP matching, above average compensation and so much more!
The Pharmacist is responsible for providing safe, effective, and appropriate drug therapy and actively contributes to an environment of employee and customer engagement. The Pharmacist will play a key role in achieving departmental excellence in the areas of patient focused care, customer service and workflow efficiencies.
Full time, Permanent
8 hour shift, 7am-3pm
Monday to Friday, Weekend every 4-5 weeks
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for assessing compounds for safety and accuracy.
· Developing comprehensive formulas for the creation of consistent and high-quality compounds
· Directly and indirectly supervising work done by compounding pharmacy assistants and technicians
· Ensuring compounded products are made correctly and meets quality standards
· Maintain accurate and detailed records of compounding activities, including ingredients, formulations, lot numbers, and expiry of products
· Determine appropriateness of drug therapy
· Answer questions from patients and clients that require therapeutic knowledge, clinical analysis, or assessment
· Collaborate with other healthcare professionals including veterinarians, pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in providing most suitable and appropriate compounded products for patients
· Other duties as required
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Problem solving skills and pharmaceutical calculations
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Self-directed and able to work independently
· Ability to work well in a fast paced team environment
Education and Experience:
· Licensed Pharmacist and in good standing with the Alberta College of Pharmacy
· Knowledge and experience in compounding is an asset
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Neighbourly Pharmacyis an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to deliver accessibility and equality to all job applicants, staff, and our customers. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2V 5A8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- compounding: 1 year (preferred)
- Alberta Pharmacist license (required)
Work Location: In person