POSITION VACANCY : Occupational Therapy – KW Campus
POSITION : Temporary Part -Time Occupational Therapist- approximately until June 04, 2024
HOURS OF WORK : 8 HR SHIFTS, DAYS AND PRE SCHEDULED 1/5 WEEKENDS.
JOB SUMMARY :
As a member of a multi-disciplinary Collaborative Practice Team, the Occupational Therapist is responsible for the provision of assessments, treatment interventions, and community liaison within their full professional scope to achieve patient directed goals, improve quality of life, and assist with community re-integration. The successful candidate will participate in program planning/development; professional and hospital initiatives supporting quality management and research; supervision of therapy assistants; mentoring of colleagues and students; and assist with coverage across other clinical areas as required. This position currently supports OT coverage on weekends at the Freeport Campus to support admissions and discharges, but can be re-assigned elsewhere depending on organizational needs. Position will support scheduled weekends and additional coverage shifts at Freeport. Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for all patients, staff, and visitors.
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Membership in CAOT or OSOT is preferred
- A minimum of two years hospital related experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, problem solve and respond to competing, unscheduled demands
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and community resources as well as an understanding of the discharge planning process required
- Demonstrated ability to function independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, organization, and time management skills
- Experience and skill in complex decision making processes, advancing best practice initiatives, and exploration of innovative models of care
- Proven experience in self-directed learning and peer evaluation processes
- Ability to provide coverage throughout the organization as required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Grand River Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSTING IS CLOSED.
Please include a resume with your application in order to ensure that your qualifications are appropriately considered in the hiring process.
Grand River Hospital is committed to fair and equitable employment and in our recruitment and selection practices. We strongly believe in inclusion and diversity within our organization, and welcome all applicants including, but not limited to: racialized communities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, Indigenous people, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community. We are committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment. Grand River Hospital is a proud member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI).
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates, including those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources in advance for assistance.