Registered Psychologists/ Registered Social Workers (independent contractors) (remote position) - Christian Informed Therapy
Vision Counselling & Consulting is looking for highly skilled, compassionate, and motivated clinical therapists to join our growing team. While we serve a diverse client base, we are receiving an increasing number of referrals for clients seeking therapists with a Christian background. At this time, we are seeking licensed clinical therapists who can meet this need, while also being able to work with our non-Christian clientele of diverse backgrounds. Our practice receives a high volume of referrals, and therefore the selected candidates must be able to provide a minimum of 15 client sessions per week, be able to offer flexibility in scheduling to our clients, and must also be highly competent in providing a variety of evidence based therapeutic modalities (e.g. CBT, Gottman method, EFT, DBT, ACT, exposure therapy, mindfulness, ART, EMDR, etc.). You will have the ability to create your own schedule and work from the comfort of your own home. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a supportive and highly skilled group of therapists through our team consultations. Our highest volume of referrals are within the province of Ontario, and therefore current registration or a willingness to obtain registration within Ontario would be a significant asset.
Please indicate your preferred populations/ demographics and your therapeutic specializations within your cover letter. The ideal candidate is committed to continual learning and engages in ongoing training in evidence based approaches. To ensure our standard of excellence in service quality for our clients, the screening and hiring process for this role will be highly competitive and rigorous. This posting will remain open until the most suitable candidates are found. Applications that are submitted without a cover letter indicating ability to meet the stated minimum qualifications will NOT be reviewed. This includes applications submitted directly to our website.
Hourly rate will be commensurate with experience
- Master’s or Ph.D. level clinician registered and in good standing with the Saskatchewan College of Psychologists (SKCP) or Saskatchewan Association of Social Workers (SASW)
- BSW’s who can demonstrate significant training and experience (minimum 5+ years) in delivering psychotherapy may also be considered
- Ability to provide sound biblically based Christian informed therapy
- Minimum of 3 years post graduate direct experience delivering psychotherapy
- Ability to provide a minimum of 15 client sessions per week across a variety of days
- Professional liability insurance
- Full registration without need for clinical supervision
- Reliable access to internet, technology, and a private office work space to ensure the confidentiality of clients while delivering virtual sessions
- Experience with electronic medical record systems or high computer proficiency that would allow one to learn quickly
- High degree of reliability, professionalism, and commitment to ethical practice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Registration or willingness to register within the province of Ontario
- Registration with an additional Canadian province
- Ability to provide couples and/ or family therapy (with a minimum 2 year of experience) using evidence based modalities
- Training in Accelerated Resolution Therapy or EMDR
- Specialized training and experience delivering addictions focused therapy (minimum 3 years post graduate experience)
- Specialized training and experience treating psychosis, schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder (minimum 2 years post graduate experience)
- Specialized training and experience delivering sexual dysfunction focused therapy (minimum 3 years post graduate experience)
- Fluency in a second language
- Authorization to provide clinical supervision to new practitioners
- Incorporation of attachment theory within practice
- Existing case load of clients you would like to bring with you
Must include a cover letter with your application to be considered
To view our website visit: https://www.visioncounsellingandconsulting.com/
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Salary: $85.00-$133.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Did you include a cover letter with your resume? Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed. Please include requested information from job posting in cover letter to be considered.
- Have you completed (graduated) from the minimum educational requirements for this role?
- Are you able to provide biblically based Christian informed therapy for those clients with this specific need?
- Master's Degree (preferred)
- direct psychotherapy: 3 years (required)
- authorization to practice without supervision (required)
- registration with SKCP or SASW (required)
Work Location: In person