Job Opportunity: Day Options Program Assistant
Location: Stony Plain, Edmonton, AB
About Us: Join our distinguished team at I Have a Chance Support Services Ltd. (IHAC) and play a pivotal role in enhancing the lives of individuals in need. At IHAC, we are devoted to creating an enriching and inclusive environment for our clients where they can thrive and embrace life's diverse experiences. We are dedicated to empowering to individuals in our care facing mental illness with commitment to fostering independence, we create nurturing environmental that inspire growth, development & meaningful experience join us in making a positive impact on the lives of vulnerable population. We believe in creating a supportive and inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. By joining our Day Operations Program Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to lead meaningful programs, connect with the community, and contribute to our mission of promoting inclusion and employment development. IHAC is not just a workplace; it’s a place where you can make a difference.
Visit our website for more information - https://ihacss.com/
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent, on-call when scheduled
Salary: $45,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
Hours: Monday to Thursday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Friday 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM
What we Offer:
- Employer Paid Benefits, Including dental and extended Health Care.
- A competitive starting salary.
- On-site free parking.
- Collaborative and Inclusive Environment.
- Vacation entitlements, including a paid holiday break in December.
- Paid Time off & PTO for sick days for 24 hours (after six months of employment).
- Engaging and Vibrant Workplace Culture.
- Employee assistance program.
- Access to abundant training and development opportunities.
- Team–Building activities.
- A fun and engaging workplace.
Role Summary: As a Days Operations Program Assistant at IHAC, you will play a vital role in enhancing the lives of vulnerable individuals in our care. Your role would involve making a difference in their lives by empowering their lives through different programs while building a rewarding career.
- Develop and implement structured daily programs and activities tailored to the unique needs and goals of clients in IHAC’s care. Ensure that programs align with IHAC’s mission and values.
- Conduct thorough assessments of client's abilities, preferences, and progress to create individualized program plans. Regularly adjust and review plans as needed.
- Collaborate with IHAC’s multidisciplinary team, including support workers, psychologists, and therapists to ensure seamless program delivery and holistic client care. Provide guidance, supervision, and training to support workers and program staff to ensure the effective implementation of programs and client support.
- Monitor the program's quality and adherence to established standards. Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of programs and make improvements based on client's outcomes and feedback.
- Foster a positive and engaging environment where clients feel supported, empowered, and encouraged to participate in program activities that promote their physical, emotional, and social well-being.
- Develop and implement behavior support plans, crisis intervention strategies, and de-escalation techniques to address challenging behaviors and promote a safe environment.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of client progress, program plans, incident reports, and other relevant records in compliance with IHAC’s policies and regulations.
- Collaborate with clients' families, BSW’s, and external professionals to ensure a coordinated and comprehensive approach to client care and program development.
- Manage program budgets, allocate resources efficiently, and procure necessary supplies and Materials to support program activities. Stay current with the best practices in the field of Support Work, behavior interventions, and program development. Attend training and workshops to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Ensure that all programs and activities adhere to relevant regulations, licensing requirements, and industry standards.
- Provide regular reports to IHAC management on program outcomes, challenges, and opportunities for improvement. Facilitate opportunities for clients to engage with the local community through outings, events, and volunteer activities.
- Post Secondary education in Special Education, life silks Development, Coaching, Education, Recreation, or Disability Services.
- 3+ years of experience in Community Support or Disability Services or Program Development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and computer/data entry skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional conflict resolution abilities.
- Demonstrated time management and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Work well under pressure and in an ever-changing environment.
- Clean Vulnerable Sector Record Check, valid driver’s abstract with class 5 license and own vehicle.
Why Choose IHAC:
Embrace an unparalleled opportunity to make a profound impact as part of our nurturing team. Benefit from the continuous learning experience, a supportive professional ecosystem, and the chance to empower individuals to realize their full potential.
Apply today: If you are a compassionate and dedicated professional seeking a rewarding career, we warmly encourage you to submit your application. IHAC is deeply committed to cultivating diversity, recognizing merit, and addressing business needs. Become a valued contributor to our collective journey in empowering lives.
Embark on a transformative journey with IHAC. Submit your application today to embark on a fulfilling career path dedicated to impacting lives.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Stony Plain, AB T7Z 0E5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person