Interior Health is excited to be expanding its services and is looking for passionate and dedicated Nurse Practitioners to add to its exceptional and growing team in a work from home telehealth position. You will assess patients using Zoom video technology. Through virtual care, we meet and provide care for individuals where they are!
We are looking for several virtual Nurse Practitioners to join our team!
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible to provide appropriate assessment and care to patients in a virtual clinic environment. The successful applicant works independently in diagnosing conditions, prescribing medications, performing, or ordering diagnostic tests and treatments, evaluating treatments, and providing follow-up care within the continuum of care. The Nurse Practitioner provides comprehensive and holistic nursing care to clients including health promotion, injury and illness treatment and prevention.
As an advanced practitioner, the Nurse Practitioner functions in the roles of practitioner, educator, and leader. As governed by provincial regulations, he/she practices independently, collaborating with other healthcare professionals including primary care physicians for issues outside the Nurse Practitioner scope of practice. The successful candidate reports directly to the Director of Nurse Practitioners, Professional Practice Office
- Assessing client presentation, evaluating urgency of care needed, selecting appropriate level of care, facilitating referrals to other providers where appropriate, and determining follow up required
- Independently and collaboratively assesses, diagnoses, and prescribes in accordance with professional standards, legislation, policies, and clinical practice guidelines
- Coordinates treatment plans and follow up based on appropriate assessments, client and family response and outcomes, collaborating with other healthcare professionals if needed
- Communicates findings and diagnosis to client and/or inter-professional team. Discusses prognosis, treatment options and outcomes with client and/or other team members within the circle of care and documents within the client's permanent health record
- Advocates for clients, assessing their needs and if applicable, referring to appropriate care providers, professionals, or other services in the interest of the continuum of care
Some Benefits of Joining Interior Health
- Graduation from a Nurse Practitioner program
- Current Nurse Practitioner license through BCCNM
- Currently working in an established longitudinal primary care practice
- Current Primary Care experience as an NP is required
- OAT Education and preceptorship (completed)
- A minimum of 1 year of recent experience as a practicing Nurse Practitioner preferred. Previous clinical experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of home and community health services
- Family All Ages (FAA) is required, Practice NP preferred
- Experience practicing in a rural setting considered an asset
- Exceptional clinical assessment and decision-making abilities
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities and problem-solving skills as well as oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Must have very strong computer and technology skills to be able to deliver virtual care through the use of technology
- A passion for telehealth and an advocate for the benefits and opportunities that telehealth offers to patients and clients
- Must be located in BC
An attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects await the right candidate. We offer one of the best benefit packages and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we also offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive defined employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces. Apply today!