Burnaby Family Life has been changing lives for 50 years and we want you to join our team! Our Pregnancy Outreach Program is looking for a Manager of Pre and Postnatal Services to oversee the day-to-day operations of the program.
We work as a team to foster pre-natal and post-natal health in a flexible, caring, and respectful environment. Burnaby Family Life is proud to offer an extensive benefits package after successful completion of 90 day probation period…
- Retirement saving benefits
- Extended health care benefits
- Professional and career development benefits
- Wellness and preventative health benefits
- Vacation and sick time benefits
Location: 7355 Edmonds St, Burnaby, BC
Hours: 35 hours weekly, Monday-Friday, May be required to participate in work- related activities outside regular hours of operation.
Wage: $31.63-$35.96 based on education and experience
Starting Date: end of September, early October
Reports To: Director of Operations
The Pre & Post Natal Services offer two unique programs. The Prenatal program (Pregnancy Outreach Program or POP’s) serves pregnant women while the Post Natal program (Baby & Me) serves new moms and their baby’s birth to six months. Both programs serve women experiencing emotional, social, financial and health challenges and are delivered in two separate communities: Burnaby and New Westminster and by the same Pre & Post Natal Services team.
The Manager of Pre and Postnatal Services is responsible for all day-to-day operations of the program, the key duties related to managing program personnel, including ongoing supervision and leadership, coordinating with other agency programs, and liaising with community stakeholders and reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct supervision and support to employees and volunteers working in the programs, including regular, on-going monitoring of employee performances.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the programs ensuring effective program/service delivery consistent with agency and program mandate, policies, procedures, legal, contractual, and other requirements.
- Takes an active role in developing and maintaining respectful and effective team relationships among program staff, relevant other agency staff, and various community stakeholders.
- Monitors program equipment and supplies as necessary while monitoring the yearly budget.
- Prepares reports for funders and management as needed.
- Ensures that the program provides or maintains resources for groups and individuals that includes current and accurate nutrition knowledge related to pregnancy, pre/post- natal information, infant feeding, infant growth and development as well as education topics on lifestyle, accessing resources and other related issues.
- Ensures accurate program and client records are maintained and that all pertinent documentation is complete.
- Participates as an active member of the Burnaby Family Life Management Team and the BC Association of Pregnancy Outreach Programs while also attending conferences and community events.
- Maintains effective relationships with government officials, public health, volunteers, community groups, etc. May represent the agency at community and fundraising events, or other official functions.
- Performs other management related duties as required.
- A degree in non-profit management, social work, psychology, sociology or another relevant human services field.
- Three to five years of program management experience, preferably in the community social services or health services sector.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with computers, including a solid working knowledge of Microsoft 365.
- Experience working with databases and creating reports an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work using a harm reduction and trauma sensitive approach in community-based environment with related experience to working with “at risk” populations.
- Well-developed budgeting, planning, organizing, controlling, administrative skills and ability to function independently.
- Valid Driver’s License and available vehicle needed.
- No relevant criminal record
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $31.63-$35.96 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have strong knowledge and experience working with computers, including a solid working knowledge of Microsoft 365?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- program management, social services or health services: 3 years (preferred)
- Driver’s License and available vehicle needed (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-28