214 11 Westwind Drive, Spruce Grove, Alberta T7X 1R3
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the center of everything you do.
Why this role is important?
To manage the overall operations of the Pharmacy, including providing consultation to both customers and health care providers, practice to full scope in providing professional services, dispensing medication, and assisting in the maintenance of the dispensary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Pharmacy and Customer Service
- Acknowledge all customers approaching the Pharmacy, offer assistance promptly and in a courteous and professional manner
- Practice within federal/provincial, regulatory/legal requirements, provincial Code of Ethics, Standards of • Practice, and Policies, demonstrating professional integrity and acting to uphold a high level of professional standard of practice
- Ensure all privacy requirements are met, including customer confidentiality and consent management
- Provide counselling on prescriptions, over the counter/behind the counter products and all health related issues, including but not limited to indications, contra-indications, adverse effects, drug interactions and dosage
- Practice to full extent of expanded scope with Professional Services, within your capability
- Be clearly identifiable to the public
- Ensure accuracy and appropriateness of all prescriptions dispensed
- Communicate with other health care professionals within the circle of care to provide optimal customer care
- Maintain all records required in accordance with legislation, standards of practice, and policy, i.e. customer records, narcotic and controlled drug records
- Provide timely and positive resolutions to customer needs and requests from other healthcare providers
- Promote Pharmacy campaigns, programs and services as appropriate
Workflow and Inventory Management
- Control access to the dispensary with respect to inventory and patient confidentiality
- Review and maintain Workflow Queues on a daily basis.
- Oversight of current stock levels and medication orders from wholesaler
- Ensure all requirements for documentation and control of substances under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and Regulations are met and reporting to Health Canada and regulatory bodies as necessary is completed
- Ensure proper preparation, packaging, distribution and storage of all inventory including those that require special handling and training, these could include but are not limited to vaccines, serums, biological and other drugs and pharmaceuticals
- Ensure entry/pickup workstations, counselling/waiting areas, and work islands reflect an appropriate image of the Pharmacy
- Ensure inventory is placed in appropriate areas
- Ensure all Pharmacy team members are in compliance with the uniform policy
- Involvement with financial reports as appropriate
- Identify and report business-building opportunities, both internally and externally, and action where appropriate.
- File incident reports when any customer or staff medication or privacy incidents occur (actual, and near-misses)
Leadership & Supervision
- Ensure pharmacy team works cohesively to complete necessary activities
- Support ongoing training for all Pharmacy team members
Education & Professional Licensing
- Valid license to practice in Alberta.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Independent thinking and decision making - makes decisions when dealing with issues or problems
- Plan, coordinate and delegate assignments and provide coaching to Pharmacy colleagues
- Proven ability to drive and build the business, lead by example and support enterprise programs
- Prioritize activities quickly in response to changing initiatives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Superior customer relations skills and a strong sense of professionalism
- Strong problem-solving skills including experience formulating and executing action plans
- Strong personal computing skills and knowledge of Pharmacy systems a definite asset
- Ensure all Health & Safety procedures are followed to provide a healthy and safe work environment for all colleagues
- Complete mandatory training and voluntary continuing education workshops, as needed
Why work in ALI's DRUG MART?
At ALI's DRUG MART, We are proud of being a fully 100% independent pharmacy that has been operated based on providing the best customer experience and the best team building skills. When you start working with us you will feel the extremely friendly vibe amongst staff and customers. You will be working day shifts , no nights and alternating weekends as we understand that you do have a life outside the store. You will be getting a very competitive wage and a bonus calculated and paid on a monthly basis and you will be dealing with a very happy and friendly work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $55.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- pharmacist: 1 year (preferred)
- Pharmacist License with ACP (required)
Work Location: In person