Seven major farmer-producer business units under one entity: Nutrigroupe
Countryside Farms was founded more than 30 years ago. Over the years, the company has built a strong supply base for eggs from Manitoba producers.
Thanks to the high quality of its products and its exceptional service, Countryside Farms has established strong partnerships with its customers, both retailers and food service distributors. These partnerships have allowed Countryside Farms to be a dominant player in Manitoba and throughout Western Canada.
Countryside Farms is a proud business unit of Nutrigroupe and has a mandate to provide its customers with high quality products that meet the high expectations of today’s customers and consumers.
TITLE : Quality Assurance Supervisor
DIRECT MANAGER : National quality director
JOB CATEGORY : Coordinator
JOB STATUS : Full time in office – Day Shift – Monday to Friday
LOCATION : Steinbach, Manitoba
Under the responsibility of the national quality director, the quality supervisor is responsible for the overall performance of the quality process in the egg grading plant, working closely with production to increase the efficiency of activities related to food safety.
The candidate is result oriented and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Implement and maintain BRC, HACCP, American Human and Kosher programs and certifications,
- Support operations with the move in a new facility building and implementation of quality programs and SQF in the new plant.
- Point of contact for all certifications and CFIA inspections;
- Maintain and improve quality systems and process;
- Write and update quality and food safety forms, instructions and procedures;
- Monitor and improve quality KPI’s by using continuous improvement tools (exposure to lean manufacturing).
- Support operations in deviations, CAPA’s and rework management.
- Investigate and manage consumer complaints;
- Ensure regulatory compliance of operations and finish products;
- Perform factory tours to ensure the maintenance of quality procedures and policies;
- Train employees in quality and food safety (GMP, HACCP, BRC);
- Monitor and update environmental analysis
- Move quality records on Paperless software
· Diploma in Food Science, Food Technology, Biological Science or equivalent food experience (minimum 3 years program college or university);
· Minimum (5) years’ experience as Quality Assurance Coordinator or equivalent position in a related discipline in the food or pharmaceutical industry;
· Microsoft Office knowledge;
· Paperless software an asset
· Proficient in English- speaking and writing. French language skills an asset;
· HACCP certification;
· SQF specialist training or extensive experience;
· Master SFCR (Safe Food fo Canadians Regulations)
· Problem Solving- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner;
· Good redaction skills;
· Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote the culture of quality;
· Good communication skills (inside and outside of the organization)
· Ability to work in a fast pace environment;
· Ability to prioritize business needs without compromising food safety or quality.
· Strong customer relationship
· Shop floor driver, hands on, great ledearship
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- quality assurance: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person