Intermediate Structural Engineer - EDM01HT
Primary Location: CAN-AB-Edmonton
Employment Type: Employee
Job Level: Experienced
Job Posting: Sep 21, 2023
Unposting Date: Oct 22, 2023
Reporting Manager Title: Department Manager - Civil /Structural/Architectural
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Intermediate Structural Engineer
You will provide structural engineering services to Worley, and its Customers and may provide technical support and supervision within the structural team.
- Deliver structural engineering services that meet Worley, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget
- Perform structural engineering services such as:
- prepare and check engineering calculations and design sketches for buildings, structural steel, piling and concrete foundations
- check engineering drawings
- utilize 3D models to support engineering design work
- prepare structural Material Take-offs, scope of work documents and other engineering deliverables
- prepare specifications and reports
- identify and report changes to project scope.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with the engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- A minimum B.Sc. degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Energy, Chemical and Resource projects.
- Registered as P. Eng with APEGA.
- Working knowledge of CSA S16, CSA A23.3 and Alberta Building Code and applicable local and international standards.
- Working knowledge of the fundamental requirements of structural engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Competent use of structural analysis software STAAD-PRO.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Sound technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
Please note: No agency representation or submissions will be recognized for this vacancy.