Are you looking to join an industry leader and pioneer in the world of industrial robotics?
Novarc Technologies is an award-winning technology company based in North Vancouver, B.C. Since opening its doors in 2013, Novarc has built advanced collaborative welding robots for pipe welding applications. Novarc uses sensor-based controls and computer vision with cutting-edge software and hardware to improve the quality and efficiency of pipe welding. Our main product is a state-of-art collaborative robot that is currently being shipped internationally.
Our never-before-seen welding cobots require customization and R&D. We are looking for an Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join our growing team and support the development of our cobots.
This position will provide you with an opportunity to design an innovative cobot from scratch, starting with conception and simulation and ending at fabrication, assembly, testing, and final integration. The ideal candidate will join the Novarc team with a strong foundation in electrical engineering and a go-getter attitude.
As Intermediate Electrical Engineer, reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will provide support for the electrical system of the SWR and future products, ensuring they are designed to the highest standard of quality.
The successful candidate must be able to attend an interview in person and will work out of our North Vancouver, BC office; Monday to Friday.
- Design and develop electrical systems involving three-phase power, transformers, PLCs, servo motors, cameras and lasers
- Prepare electrical schematics, manufacturing drawings and assembly instructions for electrical sub-assemblies and wiring harnesses
- Select/validate electrical components and work with vendors to reduce cost and lead time
- Support production during final assembly and testing of the SWR where necessary
- Perform basic wiring/assembly for electrical prototypes and R&D projects where necessary
- Troubleshoot mechanical or electrical system issues during integration testing of the SWR
- Provide accurate documentation including bills of materials, engineering change orders, test validation reports, root cause analysis, FMEA, and production checklists
- Ensure the product conforms to applicable CEC/CSA, UL and EU standards
- Travel as required to customer and supplier sites to perform installation, commissioning, troubleshooting and training duties
- Work with customers, project managers, designers, toolmakers and electricians to solve problems in order to provide the customer with a complete, functional automation system
- Advise customer on solving technical problems
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent), and registered as an EIT or PEng.
- 4 years of electrical engineering experience.
- Experience in power distribution circuits (low voltage), cable and fuse selection, etc
- Experience in hands-on wiring of electrical panels
- Experience in drafting electrical CAD drawings using Solidworks-Electrical or equivalent
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with Systems Engineering and/or Project Management
- Experience with PLC programming, motion control, and robotics applications
- Experience with welding systems
- Experience with mechanical drawings, SolidWorks or equivalent
- Understanding of manufacturing process and experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software platforms
- Strong understanding of grounding, shielding, motor control, and data signaling principles
- Experience in commissioning and installation.
Novarc has been ranked as one of the fastest growing companies by the Financial Times in 2022, and ranked as one of the top growing companies by the Globe & Mail for three consecutive years.
Our diverse team consists of engineers, developers, technicians, welders, scientists who are designing and building the welding industry’s most advanced automation solutions with the passion of helping our customers win.
- Growing Opportunities - We are in the process of maturing into a fast-growing medium-sized business.
- Great place to be - We have created a fun, adventurous, and open-minded environment where our teams are encouraged to bond and expose a little weirdness.
- Best People - Our team is made up of talented, intelligent, and hardworking people.
- Lots of Opportunities - We are constantly looking for stand-out talent internally to move into leadership positions.
We are excited to invite you to join our growing team for this amazing journey!
"Novarc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, color, political belief, marital or family status, religion, special abilities, age, sex or sexual orientation, or a criminal conviction or charge that is unrelated to employment of to the intended employment of that person. This applies to all our practices of recruitment, selection, promotion, training and development, health and safety, and compensation."
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- power distribution circuits (low voltage): 4 years (preferred)
- wiring electrical panels, drafting electrical drawings: 4 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in North Vancouver, BC