The Montreal West Island IUHSSC is currently looking for Health and Social Services Aides (ASSS) to fill permanent full-time, evening positions. These home support positions require travel throughout LaSalle and are based at the LaSalle CLSC.
As an ASSS, you will be working with people who are losing their autonomy due to aging in order to assist them in their daily lives and contribute to their maintenance at home.
As part of his/her duties, the ASSS :
- Travels to living environments (homes) to accompany and support the user and his/her family in daily living or domestic life activities;
- Promotes user integration and socialization during individual and community activities;
- Ensures hygiene, well-being, comfort and satisfaction of the user's general needs;
- Installs certain devices or provides more specific care for which he/she has been trained;
- May be called upon to prepare meals or to do housework;
- Informs the team members of his/her observations on the needs of the client and his/her family;
- In collaboration with the other caregivers, helps identifying user's needs and participates in the service or intervention plan’s development and implementation.
Work schedule: Day - evening
NB: The selected candidate will be required to work one (1) weekend out of three.
The desired candidate:
- Holds a completed Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in Home Care Assistance or in Institutional and Home Care Assistance;
- Is able to establish a therapeutic relationship with a French and English speaking clientele (bilingualism);
- Has a valid driver's license and a car to travel within the IUHSSC territory;
- Demonstrates professional autonomy;
- Card PDSB;
- Card CPR.
Our benefits :
- Competitive salary of $25,63/hour to which bonuses may be added
- The stability of a permanent, full-time position
- Four (4) weeks of vacation after one year of full-time work
- Thirteen (13) statutory holidays and 9.6 sick days per year
- Job security after 2 years of full-time employment
- A comprehensive insurance plan (healthcare professionals, life, salary)
- A defined benefit pension plan to ensure a reliable retirement income
- A free employee assistance program (psychological support, nutrition, kinesiology, legal services or advice, etc.)
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
The West Island of Montreal IHSSUC has a program for the access to equal employment and invites natives, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities to apply for positions. Persons with disabilities can share their special needs in relation to the selection process for the position requested to facilitate the study of their application.
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein
Salaire : 25,63$ par heure
- Programme d'Aide aux Employés
Horaires de travail :
- Du Lundi au Vendredi
- Fins de semaine au besoin
- Quart de jour
- Quart de soir
Question(s) de présélection:
- Possédez-vous une voiture pour les déplacements nécessaires à cet emploi ?
- DEP/ AEC ou Certificat (Obligatoire)
- English (Obligatoire)
- French (Obligatoire)
- RCR (Obligatoire)
- Permis de Conduire (Obligatoire)
- PDSB (Obligatoire)
Lieu du poste : Déplacements fréquents