As a Survey Technologist, you will be responsible for a broad range of field surveys including construction layout, topographic, volumetric, as-built, and bathymetric. While carrying out field surveys validating and maintaining site control, ensuring survey equipment software’s are current and survey equipment are in good working order are critical to successful project outcomes. Your expertise in surveying, understanding of industry regulations, and attention to detail will play a vital role in ensuring the quality and integrity of our projects.
- Take direction from manager/supervisors to understand the following: project objectives, goals, schedules, and time frames.
- Establish and maintain site control across multiple sites.
- ·Prepare and execute site layout, topographic, volumetric, and as-built surveys.
- Organize and conduct bathymetric surveys utilizing a single beam echo sounder.
- Create and analyze site plans, as-built drawings, 3D models, and volume calculations from collected survey data.
- Performing QA/QC checks at various stages of project completion.
- Manage information flow from field to office and prepare clear, concise, and accurate field notes, records, and calculations.
- Ensure implementation of quality assurance, company HSE program, and policy compliance
- Experience with Carlson & Topcon equipment considered an asset.
- Civil 3D experience is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret plans.
- Physically fit, able to lift heavy equipment, willing to work in various environmental conditions with varied terrain, able to work in wildlife populated areas, and at times willing to work in remote areas.
- Ability to work under pressure and show flexibility in adapting to changes in work priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, effective time management, sound judgment skills, and general computer knowledge.
- Minimum 2 years field experience.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required.
- Preference given to those with a three-year technical diploma in Geomatics or Civil engineering technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Types: Casual, Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$28.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: In person