At STELIA North America, we are offering the opportunity for a career that is out of this world! We are looking for someone to join our Engineering Team in Lunenburg, NS. An affiliate of the Airbus Group of Companies, STELIA is an aerospace and defence company specializing in the design, development, and manufacturing of composite components and assemblies. Headquartered in Lunenburg, NS, and with a site in Mirabel, QC, we operate more than 150,000 sq feet of facilities dedicated to operations, manufacturing and administration.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Quality Engineer will establish, support and monitor the quality requirements within the manufacturing process in accordance with customer requirements.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate activities to establish, evaluate and improve the quality of the manufacturing process including configuration management of the Program Quality plan, review external and internal documents and manage customer requirements.
- Support and lead Continuous Improvement Projects while identifying process Improvements, resolving defect reductions, and ensuring Material Optimization.
- Review production processes, engineering specifications and related information to improve/update current knowledge and implementations of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities in assigned process(es)/program(s).
You will have:
- Degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or equivalent from a recognized Post-Secondary Institution with 7 years’ experience (Minimum 5 years in a manufacturing environment preferred).
- Professional Engineering designation or ability to register to attain one.
- ASQ Quality Engineering Certification (or equivalent) and/or Process and Business System Audit training/certification an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with Industry Quality Management Systems, such as: AS9100, ISO 9001, Transport Canada, NADCAP as well as experience using CAD/CAM software.
- Aerostructures and Composite Manufacturing processes experience an asset.
- Excellent Communication (written and oral) and Teamwork skills.
- Project Management and/or Root Cause and Corrective Action skills an asset.
- Knowledge/Training with various manufacturing and quality philosophies (LEAN, 6-sigma, JIT, 5S, etc.) an asset.
- Experience using MS suite of products.
At STELIA North America, we know our people are our greatest asset. We welcome anyone who is passionate, positive, team oriented, improvement focused, and willing to grow and develop their career. If you join us, you will find an environment that is challenging and rewarding, and a culture that is flexible, inclusive, and welcoming.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lunenburg, NS B0J 2C0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- quality assurance: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person