Requisition ID: 336885
Position Number: 20093252
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
City: The Pas
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: The Pas Health Complex
Department / Unit: The Pas Ultrasound
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $41.361, $42.602, $43.877, $45.197, $46.553, $47.955
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Shared Health Diagnostic Services serves communities across the province, aiming to provide all Manitobans, no matter where they live, with high quality laboratory tests, diagnostic imaging procedures and non-invasive cardiac tests. The Diagnostic Services team includes nearly 3,000 lab, imaging, medical and support staff who work together to provide important test results to Manitobans. With over 80 points of access, we are proud to be Manitoba’s leading provider of public laboratory, diagnostic imaging and non-invasive cardiac testing services that enable physicians to make diagnoses and treatment decisions for Manitobans.
The General Duty Sonographer will play a key role for the Diagnostic Team within Shared Health and high quality imaging services.
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Charge Technologist or designate, the General Duty Sonographer performs ultrasound services as defined at regional and local levels and as requested by Physicians. Performs effective patient management, exam requests, diagnostic file management, equipment and supplies management. Maintains a safe environment in accordance with professional and provincial guidelines and ensures compliance with quality assurance program. Maintains standards put forth by Accreditation. Performs work in accordance with the Mission and Values of Shared Health, current policies, procedures and applicable legislation. May assist with radiographic/ECG duties, if applicable.
- Active registration status with Sonography Canada in the appropriate practitioner category.
- An exemption may be granted for sonographers who hold active registration status with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in the appropriate specialty provided that the manager or designate determines competency of the sonography is compliant with the competency requirements of Sonography Canada.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training requirements in accordance to Shared Health policy.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of office applications in a Windows environment with experience working with Microsoft Office programs preferred.
- Demonstrated strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships in a multi team disciplinary environment and with external agencies, groups and the public.
- May be required to work at more than one Shared Health Site such as a satellite office or facility.
- Mental and physical pressures in performing work
- Lifting and carrying items up to approximately 10 kg.
- Frequent interruptions in performing work
- Regular travel throughout the service area may be required as well as a valid Manitoba driver’s license and use of a personal motor vehicle.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.