Sonic Milling Systems is seeking a Production Manager to join our team and help to produce products at our food and beverage processing facility.
You’ll oversee the day-to-day production at the plant including but not limited to: supervising and delegating work to a production crew of 10 – 15 employees, assisting with processing and packaging plant-based beverages. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of production equipment such as valves and pumps and the ability to follow process flow diagrams to troubleshoot issues.
This role requires a detail-oriented individual with a strong background in production management. The ideal candidate will have excellent problem-solving skills, a strategic mindset, and the ability to effectively communicate with cross-functional teams. If you are passionate about driving operational excellence and ensuring the highest level of quality in production processes, we encourage you to apply.
· Oversee the production process, ensuring efficient and timely assembly of products.
· Utilize mechanical knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve any issues that arise during production.
· Implement lean manufacturing principles to optimize productivity and minimize waste .
· Identify opportunities for process improvement and implement changes to enhance efficiency.
· Collaborate with supply chain team to ensure timely delivery of materials and components.
· Manage operations and coordinate with various departments to meet production goals.
· Provide leadership and guidance to the production team, fostering a positive work environment.
· Ensure adherence to quality control standards throughout the production process.
· Communicate scheduling of production timelines with other departments.
· Work with the engineering team to design and implement SOPs and provide feedback on established SOPs.
· Proven experience in production management or a related field.
· Strong mechanical knowledge and understanding of assembly processes.
· Familiarity with lean manufacturing principles and process improvement methodologies.
· Excellent supply chain management skills, including inventory control and logistics coordination.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
· Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
· Knowledge of quality control procedures and standards in a food production environment such as HACCP, GMP, GFSI.
· Benefit to have a reliable palate and ability to accurately describe flavours, tastes and mouthfeels. Familiarity with lab equipment/in a lab setting is an asset.
· Ability to confidently make decisions related to production timelines when faced with challenges.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saskatoon, SK S7M 5V1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (required)
- Personnel management: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person