Intertek is looking for a Project Engineer with technical expertise to help grow Intertek’s Hydrogen business in North America. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career, facilitating international trade and regulatory product testing on the Electrical Team! By joining Intertek, your contributions will be valued as we continue to help the world Build Back Ever Better.
Are you interested in joining an innovative, dynamic, and fast-growing organization? Are you looking to advance your career and become a leader in the energy transition and help customers provide sustainable, innovative solutions to meet their net zero goals? If the answer is Yes, then this could be the role for you!
Intertek is a Nationally Recognized Testing Lab (NRTL) and trusted provider of quality and safety solutions to many of the world's leading brands and companies and governments. Our dedicated professionals help ensure the quality, safety, and sustainability of electrical products used by people throughout the world.
About the Electrical Team
Intertek's Electrical team provides assurance, testing, inspection, and certification for a variety of electric products, including appliances, consumer electronics, lighting, medical devices, information communications technology, HVACR, industrial, and energy transmission and distribution. Our dedicated professionals help ensure the quality, safety, and sustainability of electrical products used by people throughout the world.
What you will be doing?
This Project Enginee r will perform testing, inspection, and certification of projects for Intertek’s hydrogen and fuel cell division in North America. This position is responsible for independently performing testing and evaluation on a variety of products to the provisions of U.S., Canadian and other international product safety standards; writing reports; and communicating with clients.
How you’ll make an impact at Intertek
- Product Safety, Testing and Evaluation to national and international standards, including UL, CSA, HGV, ISO, and IEC standards.
- Read and determine applicability of national codes and standards for specific Hydrogen and Fuel Cell related equipment, including the completion of technical reports and documentation for certification.
- Validate project scope and sample applicability.
- Compile test results during construction review and testing. Complete data and product description and be able to issue report deliverable in an efficient and professional manner.
- Efficiently and effectively manage multiple projects and business opportunities in North America and abroad (Europe, Asia).
- Provide complex sales support for project quoting, client meetings, and presentations.
- Provide exceptional and ongoing customer support for existing and potential Intertek customers.
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Electro-Mechanical preferred), or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- Demonstrated technical expertise with hydrogen and fuel cell related equipment.
- Prior experience with standards and regulations (i.e.: UL, CSA, HGV) is preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to make technical decisions and engineering judgements independently within established parameters.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent communication skills, in both verbal and written formats.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time as business dictates.
- A valid driver's license and reliable driving record.
Our Value Proposition
We offer a salary and benefits package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with company match, generous vacation/sick time (PTO), tuition reimbursement and more.
Why Work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do .
A career with Intertek offers rewarding opportunities to help companies around the world develop products used safely by millions of people every day. Intertek is the trusted advisor to many of the world’s leading brands, companies, and governments, and has earned a reputation for accuracy, reliability, integrity, and technical competence. Working at Intertek means joining a global network of state-of-the-art facilities and passionate people who deliver superior customer service with a purpose of bringing quality, safety, and sustainability to life.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy .
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
To apply : Please apply online
For more information about Intertek, please visit us at www.intertek.com
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification (ATIC) solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Working at Intertek means joining a global network of state-of-the-art facilities and passionate people who deliver superior customer service with a purpose of bringing quality, safety, and sustainability to life.