Arrow Speed Controls Limited (est. 1980) is the leading Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) Integrator in North America. With over 20,000 successful applications to date, we are a trusted partner across the heavy industries. We engineer and assemble speed control equipment for a wide range of electric motor applications. In addition to VFD's, we also do DC drives, soft starts, servo controls and PLC systems.
What you will be doing:
The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing operational activities at every level of the organization. The position supports operational leadership in a variety of departments to ensure that the organization performs effectively and efficiently. The Operations Manager supervises, hires, and trains employees, manages quality assurance programs, and strategizes process improvements.
Some of the main objectives of the role include:
- Manage, mentor and motivate the service, design and shop operations teams.
- Maintain constant communication with managers and staff to ensure proper operations of the company.
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols.
- Increase the efficiency of existing processes and procedures to enhance the company’s internal capacity.
- Ensure that operational activities remain on time and within budget.
- Manage resources and fill positions, as required.
- Lead, motivate, and support a large team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment, including career development plans for direct reports and problem resolution.
- Manage data collection for the updating of metrics to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors, and deliver excellent customer service.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to improve proprietary tools and systems.
- Work closely with safety, quality and human resources departments to ensure that activities remain compliant.
- Conduct budget reviews and report cost plans to upper management.
- Manage a team of professionals in the production of automation products (Drives, PLC, Servo, Robotics) from conception, design, manufacturing, and after sales service.
What we need from you:
- Engineering Degree with PEng is required
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience
- Manufacturing background, considered an asset
- Must have Quality program experience, such as ISO, CSA, UL
- Maintains a highest safety standards
- Experience in budget development and oversight
What we will give to you:
- Competitive salary, experience dependent
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Education and training funding opportunities
- Social functions with team
- Paid time off for personal wellness
- Opportunities to move up with your career with Arrow
Arrow Speed Controls is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Arrow is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.