Agropur , a leading manufacturer of ice cream and novelties in Canada, is accepting applications for an experienced Casual Lab Technician for its production facility located at 85 Blakeney Drive, Truro, Nova Scotia.
This position covers sick and vacation time for other employees, weekend coverage, AND any additional hours required based on production demands. Individuals must be prepared to carry out any required shift work. This includes flexibility to work on evening, backshift, weekend and holiday shifts. The hours of work are not guaranteed, however, 15-20 hours per week will typically be available during peak production periods.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Gathering samples from production floor for product testing;
- Testing samples for compliance;
- Preparing media for plating samples;
- Plating samples for incubation and reading them when appropriate;
- Completing all documentation required for testing product sampling and the verification of results;
- Ensuring good manufacturing practices and procedures are followed as outlined in our written HACCP plan.
- Conducting product monitoring checks and completing product evaluations
- Conduct pre-operational activities (visual inspection, food contact surface swabbing)
This is a fast-paced environment in a food processing plant. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education, technology or sciences preferred, or enrollment in a science related discipline;
- Ability to consistently follow precise procedures, possess excellent hand eye co-ordination, be a self-starter;
- Ability to effectively communicate and work well with others;
- A strong commitment to occupational health and safety standards and procedures;
- Previous lab or food scienc e experience will be considered an asset.
Agropur welcomes people from all backgrounds and walks of life. We are proud to be an employer with a diverse community and are committed to providing a respectful and inclusive experience for all employees and applicants. We will therefore work with candidates who request accommodation. Please note that an adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.