About First Choice Beverage Inc.
First Choice Beverage’s mission is simple: to be the premier co-packer of choice for the juice and dairy alternative beverage industry.
We offer a myriad of co-packing services to our brands. From research and development of the next bestselling beverage, to sourcing for organic suppliers and high quality, farm-fresh ingredients, First Choice Beverage is the premier co-packer of choice for Canada’s top brands.
Today, First Choice Beverage is the only juice plant in Canada that supplies both low acid (dairy, oats, nuts and soy) and high acid (juice) beverage products to Canadian markets. We bring to Canadians many of their favourite healthy drinks, including So Nice Almond Beverages, So Good Soy Beverages, Minute Maid Orange Juice, Simply Orange Juice, and many others. Our products are trusted and sold by the most established grocers in the country, including Loblaws, Sobey’s, Walmart, and Costco.
We are currently looking to hire for an Engineering Manager.
Engineering Manager job description:
1. Responsible for the operation, maintenance, repair, and upgrading of production machinery and equipment in First Choice Beverage’s plant.
2. Develop and implement strategic plans to maximize equipment performance, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs, and optimize production output.
3. Lead a team of skilled engineers and maintenance technicians and direct their work, provide training, mentoring, and new team member hiring as needed.
4. Foster an engineering workplace philosophy of safety, efficiency, thoroughness, and continuous improvement.
5. Lead the design and development of equipment and manufacturing line specifications to fit First Choice Beverage’s production needs.
6. Represent the company as a technical expert with equipment vendors and conduct pricing, contract, technical specifications, and delivery negotiations on the company’s behalf.
7. Ensure preventative maintenance programs are optimized and followed, including scheduling regular inspections, calibrations, and maintenance activities.
8. Ensure full documentation logs for all machinery implementation, upgrading and repair work.
9. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including production, quality control, and health and safety, to drive process improvements and ensure seamless operations and minimal machine downtime.
10. Support First Choice Beverage’s efforts towards more low-waste, sustainable manufacturing.
11. Monitor key performance indicators to track equipment performance, identify trends, and implement corrective actions as needed.
12. Stay informed of technological advancements in the field, recommend upgrades or modifications to enhance efficiency and reduce costs.
13. Lead machinery improvement initiatives, develop cost forecasts and budgets, plan for resource and labour requirements, and design implementation processes from initial setup and testing to final validation for use.
14. Oversee the preparation of machinery performance reports and upgrade proposals, present findings to senior management.
15. Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards for equipment operation and maintenance.
This full-time, permanent position is offered with a salary of $126,000 - $136,000 per year. Normal working hours are 40 hours per week. The work location is at 265 Courtneypark Drive East, Mississauga, Ontario, L5T 2T6.
Engineering Manager job qualifications:
In order to excel at this position, we are looking for the following:
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, or other relevant field.
· Minimum of eight (8) or more years of experience in engineering process management and technical development.
· Proven experience in a managerial role overseeing machinery operations and engineering needs in a manufacturing environment.
· Able to rise to engineering challenges and create innovative solutions with the end goal of increasing production efficiencies and output.
· Experienced in drafting, revising, and interpreting technical specification diagrams and renders.
· Technical knowledge of machinery and equipment used in beverage manufacturing, such as liquid refrigeration systems, compressing and pumping systems, filtration systems, filling and flow pipelines and machinery, and packaging machines; experience in beverage manufacturing is an asset.
· Able to communicate complex technical specifications to machinery vendors both local and international (primarily China) and negotiate contracts with them.
· Demonstrated expertise in preventative maintenance programs, machinery upgrading, and equipment troubleshooting.
· Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse group of professionals.
· Skilled in logical thinking, problem identification and resolution, and process efficiency optimization.
· Able to use Microsoft Office and ERP software.
If you are interested, please contact hiring at firstchoicebeverage dot com with your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $126,000.00-$136,000.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person