Venor is proud to partner with MacGregors Industrial Group on their search for a talented Project Manager to join their team in New Glasgow.
MacGregors Industrial Group is a rapidly growing company in the industrial space. Serving a growing customer base across Atlantic Canada and beyond, our five core business units are Industrial Offsite services, Steel Fabrication, Prefabricated Buildings, Custom Machining, and Industrial Supply. We have more than doubled in size over the last 5 years through strong management, customer centricity, and diversification within our product and client mix. In business since 1976, they have grown from humble beginnings as a local machining repair operations to become one of the leading industrial contractors in Atlantic Canada.
As the Project Manager, you will be joining the senior team within MacGregors’ Fabrication division. Reporting to the Reporting to the Fabrication Division Manager; the Project Manager will be responsible for estimation and managing our larger scale opportunities and projects. These opportunities include but are not limited to MacGregor modular buildings.
As part of the MacGregors fabrication division, you will be supported by a team of talented and experienced professionals. MacGregors has well developed process management systems and many experienced individuals that you will be able to rely on to execute your vision.
This position also provides the potential for someone with experience in engineering design the opportunity to expand MacGregor’s design and product development offerings.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Estimation Preparation: Develop accurate and timely project estimates in alignment with client specifications by meticulously analyzing requests for proposals, blueprints, client specifications, and related documents to prepare work for estimation.
- Resource Allocation: Identify labor, material, cash flow, and time requirements for the project by thoroughly studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Cost Optimization: Seek multiple quotes for purchased items and subcontracted services to secure the best possible prices.
- Detailed Presentation: Present prepared estimates effectively by assembling and presenting numerical and descriptive information.
- Bid Management: Manage multiple bids and revise estimates as necessary based on management feedback as well as attend pre- and post-bid meetings as required.
- Subcontractor Coordination: Collaborate with subcontractors to obtain input on labor, materials, and other costs.
- Work Planning: that identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Objective Setting: Establish project objectives and evaluation measures for which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- Staffing and Contractor Management: Oversee staffing and contractor coordination, adhering to project schedules and building code requirements.
- Quality Assurance: Regularly review the quality of work to ensure it meets project and MacGregor’s standards.
- Outcome Evaluation: Assess project outcomes as established during the planning phase and report to the Estimation Manager and Operations Manager.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in metal fabrication estimation and project management
- Project Management Professional Designation is preferred
- Professional Engineer designation through Engineers Nova Scotia is preferred
Technical and Leadership Requirements:
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to work efficiently under pressure while adhering to specific timelines
- Solid understanding of shop processes, both on-site and off-site
- General knowledge of steel and construction materials used in the fabrication and installation process
- Great attention to detail to review and process technical drawings and assist in project estimations, engineering approvals, planning, control, and project schedule implementation
- Strong communication and teamwork skills to effectively liaise with customers and colleagues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant industry software, as well as the ability to create and adhere to an annual budget
- Positive leadership attitude when managing employees and contractors to achieve organisational results
What We Offer:
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from a remote office.
- Industry leading benefits package including medical, dental, vision and mental wellbeing.
- Company matched Pension plan.
- Store discount through our Industrial Sales division
- A modern, well-equipped facility with new equipment
- A great place to work and grow your skillset with challenging, meaningful projects.
We embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Work Location: Hybrid remote in New Glasgow, NS B2H 5C7