BIG ENOUGH TO KNOW HOW, SMALL ENOUGH TO KNOW YOU
Allnorth is a multi-disciplinary engineering, project delivery, and construction services company. We provide smart and practical project solutions to clients in the metals and minerals, energy and renewables, fiber and chemicals, and infrastructure sectors. With offices across Canada, and into the US and Mexico, we continue to grow!
Our team is our most valuable asset, and a triple bottom line (TBL) philosophy is at the heart of our business. It takes a talented, motivated and empowered team to delight our clients, driving profitability for all parties. When it comes to guiding principles, safety is part of our DNA, we are committed to building and nurturing Indigenous relationships, we support our communities, and we recognize the importance of environmental stewardship.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are currently seeking an Materials Technician with a strong background in Concrete, Aggregate and Soil testing to join our Construction Services team for a variety of mining projects in Saskatchewan and Ontario. As the successful candidate, you will assist the Field Lead to coordinate and conduct laboratory testing in the on site facility and in the field.
A Day in the Life
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Field Lead in conducting field and laboratory testing of aggregate, soils, and concrete.
- Perform a variety of lab materials testing and field testing
- Assist with mentoring new and junior employees
- Assist with maintaining laboratory certifications
- Communicate test results and provide technical advice, both orally and written, to internal staff and external clients with regards to soils, concrete and aggregate issues
- Work with cross-discipline teams to ensure projects are completed within allotted schedules, budgets, and to high-quality standards
- Ensure safety guidelines are adhered to within the lab and in the field
- Coordinate field equipment and perform and record routine instrument maintenance and calibration of select equipment.
This positional will be rotationally travel based.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Completion of a Civil Engineering Technology diploma is an asset, but not required
- 3+ years of progressive experience lab and field materials testing
- CCIL and/or CSA certification is preferred
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written)
- Proven ability to interact and collaborate with team members in a multi-disciplined environment
- Technical competence and strong attention to detail
What’s in it for you?
We believe that a happy and fulfilled team leads to exceptional results, which is why we offer a range of perks designed to support your well-being, career growth and community engagement.
- Work schedule and location are flexible, allowing for better work-life balance
- Comprehensive benefits package includes extended health and dental coverage and RRSP matching
- Employee Assistance Program for team members and their families
- A culture of respect and inclusivity fosters long term relationships and a team atmosphere
- Professional development and growth opportunities (e.g. New and Young Worker Mentorship program)
- Team Member Referral Program
- A paid “Volunteer Day” away from work to support the community
- Monthly “Lunch & Learn” sessions
- Opportunities to bond with other team members, have fun and make a difference through involvement in social and safety committees, as well as fundraising and community support initiatives (e.g. Movember, Pi Day, Food Banks, Women’s Shelters, Ronald McDonald House, Earth Day clean ups, etc.).
WE TAKE CARE OF YOU SO YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF OUR CLIENTS
In joining us you’ll face rewarding, career-developing challenges that enable you to contribute to our clients’ successes, and despite how much we grow, you’ll never be just a number, but rather a vital member of the Allnorth Team.
Engage with us at Allnorth and be empowered to enrich people’s lives, including your own.
Allnorth is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.