PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must have a valid work permit or be a Canadian citizen.
Position: Boarding Coordinator (Live In)
Location: Summerland, British Columbia (4 hour drive from Vancouver)
Type: Full-time, 10 Month Contract (renewable)
- Salary Range: $3500 to $4500 per month / 10 month contract
- Includes Furnished Accommodation & Meals
- Relocation Assistance: August $500 & June $500
- Paid Holidays: 4 weeks total (Winter Break 3 weeks / Spring Break 1 week)
- Extended Health Plan
- RRSP Matching
Job Description: We are seeking dedicated and enthusiastic youth workers to join the student residence team at Unisus International School, a private day and boarding school in Summerland, British Columbia. This position offers a unique opportunity to work as a Live-In Dorm Supervisor, splitting responsibilities between dorm supervision in the evenings and on weekends, co-curricular program supervision after school, and co-leadership of outdoor adventure activities on weekends. The role can provide valuable hands-on experience for those planning on a career in education.
1. Live-In Dorm Supervision:
- Ensure the safety, well-being, and engagement of high school age boarding students during evening and weekend shifts.
- Maintain a positive and supportive environment within the boarding house.
- Enforce school policies and rules while fostering a sense of community among students.
2. Co-curricular Programs:
- Participate in the planning and implementation of co-curricular programs, such as clubs and sports.
- Engage and mentor students in co-curricular activities, promoting personal growth and leadership skills.
- Support students in their holistic development outside the classroom.
3. Weekend Outdoor Adventure Activities:
- Co-lead weekend outdoor adventure activities, fostering students' personal growth, resilience, and teamwork.
- Plan and organize engaging and age-appropriate outdoor excursions and experiences.
- Ensure the safety of students during outdoor activities, adhering to established protocols.
- Experience and/or education related to youth work, sports & recreation, education, or outdoor activity leadership.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to live in student dormitory. Furnished accommodation and meals provided.
- All applicants must undergo a mandatory criminal record check as a requirement for employment.
If you meet the qualifications and are excited about the opportunity to become part of our team, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience to Lisa Grant - [email protected].
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 10 months
Salary: $3,500.00-$4,500.00 per month
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Housing allowance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Summerland, BC V0H 1Z2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Youth Work: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 4 Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-11-06