Do you like gardening?
Do you enjoy volunteering in Lloydminster?
Would you like to be a part of a Community Garden?
If you said yes to these questions, then we have the perfect volunteer opportunity for YOU!
Catholic Social Service's Lloydminster Office is currently looking for two Volunteer Community Garden Leads.
The ideal candidate would be available to volunteer 1-2 hours per week until September 2023.
If you are someone who enjoys gardening & connecting with others, then this volunteer placement might be the right fit for you!
What you can expect:
- Establish and maintain a positive and supportive relationship with staff and clients
- Assist in the maintenance of the garden plot
- Provide feedback and suggestions to encourage clients to maintain the garden in a friendly, supportive manner
- Have fun!
- Previous gardening experience
- Good interpersonal skills is an asset
- Physical ability to perform gardening tasks such as bending, digging, lifting, shovelling, and weeding
- Good communication skills
- Respectful and patient
- Access to diverse Agency training
- Skill based volunteering which allows volunteers to develop their talents
- Creating new relationships by increasing social connections
- Ability to make recommendations for program development
- Quality supervision and support
- Meaningful recognition
- Reference letters upon completion of 25 hours or more
- Access to the Leisure Discount Program (City of Edmonton)
**Commitment is 3-4 months (until the end of September 2023)
If you are interested in this unique volunteer placement, please start your application today!