As one of Canada’s largest healthcare and rehabilitation companies, Lifemark is passionate about enriching the health of Canadians through a holistic approach to collaborative care. This is at the heart of everything we do, and we are seeking a Full-Time Occupational Therapist who shares this same philosophy.
If you are a self-directed clinician who thrives working with a dynamic, inclusive, collaborative interdisciplinary team and are passionate about helping clients get back to meaningful and productive activity, you belong here!
What You Bring to the Team:
- Assessing the client’s physical and cognitive functioning within the clinic setting. Common assessments include: job demands analyses, functional capacity evaluations, cognitive abilities evaluations, ergonomic, attendant care, and pre-employment assessments
- Creating and implementing individualized treatment plans based on analysis and clinical reasoning
- Educating clients on topics such as safe body mechanics, cognitive behavioral strategies, and functional tolerance activities
- Supporting return-to-work programs (job coaching, accommodation recommendations)
- Utilizing e-charting software to document treatment sessions; submitting reports to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Participating in case conferences and case management
- Collaborating with the inter-professional team at your clinic
- Supervising Occupational Therapy students (as preferred)
- Networking with all stakeholders to promote Lifemark OT programs
- Managing caseload in a fast-paced environment
- Registration (member in good standing) with the provincial College of Occupational Therapists
- Previous experience treating clients with physical, neurological, and/or mental health conditions
- Ability to be autonomous; working both independently and as part of the team
- Demonstrated commitment to post-graduate professional development
- Previous experience supporting auto insurance, long-term disability, and WSIB referrals is a strong asset
- Experience supporting occupational rehabilitation is a strong asset
- A valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle
We live our values in everything thing we do - striving for simplicity, doing the right thing, being inclusive and welcoming, and having fun!
We go the extra kilometer by offering our employees:
Are you interested in learning more?
- Competitive salary with a benefits package
- Annual continuing education allowance with a variety of internal training opportunities
- Collaborative, multidisciplinary work environment
- Specialty physiotherapy-based services such as pelvic health, vestibular, concussion, and cancer rehab
- Virtual Care platform and E-charting software
- Pathways for clinical leadership
- National Partner of Special Olympics Canada
- GoodLife Fitness discount
Visit our website www.lifemark.ca for more information.