De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Ltd. (‘DHC’) is a proudly Canadian aerospace company currently transitioning its corporate headquarters to Calgary, AB. DHC is undertaking a consolidation of its underlying subsidiary companies under a single brand currently offering engineering, aftermarket, new aircraft manufacturing, modifications, parts manufacturing, and flight training. DHC currently has approximately 1,200 employees based in BC, AB and ON as well as in markets and distribution hubs world-wide. Our strong entrepreneurial spirit, together with a culture of empowerment, quality and innovation create opportunities to grow and succeed in an organization with a proud heritage and bright future.
The Customer Engineering Account Manager is the primary technical interface between customers and the De Havilland portfolio of aircraft responsible for defining the contractual aircraft configuration. In this role you will act as the main technical point of contact during Phase I (capturing the business) for both our airline and leasing customers. A Customer Engineering Account Manager will also continuously liaise with customers, understand their retrofit modification requirements, initiate the proposal generation process, and keep the sales team and the customer apprised of proposal progress.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Define and manage an optimum aircraft configuration for new and existing Commercial Aircraft Customers.
- Provide engineering and aircraft customer configuration support to the Sales, Marketing, Aircraft Programs and Contracts organizations through the various phases of all Sales Campaigns (New and Pre-owned aircraft).
- Review aircraft configurations, provide technical expertise and assist customers in selecting the appropriate retrofit modifications based on their specific aircraft configurations and operation requirements.
- Prepare and deliver presentation documentation on technical and optional features for De Havilland aircraft.
- Be able to assist in gathering and analyzing relevant data on a given topic (ex. Competitive data, technical information, etc.). Can act as the voice of the customer for Trade Studies. Familiar with technical capabilities of competitor aircraft.
- Be capable of reading, interpreting, and explaining De Havilland engineering drawings.
- Be able to interpret and explain the different aircraft operating manuals (Aircraft Flight Manual, Flight Crew Operating Manual, Aircraft Maintenance Manual, Wiring Manual, Illustrated Parts Catalog, Aircraft Planning Manual, Electrical Schematic System Drawing, etc.)
Education and Professional Qualifications
- A minimum education level of a Diploma in Engineering Technology from an accredited university.
Experience & Skills
- The successful candidate shall have a minimum experience of 5 years with the Dash 8 Aircraft.
- A comprehensive understanding of Engineering terminology, processes, and documentation; an understanding of aircraft systems, design, performance, and configuration.
- Previous experience in an Aerospace Customer Engineering environment.
- The candidate must be self-motivated, autonomous, and enthusiastic, possess excellent written and verbal communications and human relations skills and willing to undertake international travel in support of Customer Accounts.
- Previous experience in presenting Technical Information and in directly interfacing with existing and potential Customers.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications, Corel Draw, Lotus Notes, and IFS (is an asset).
- Familiarity with Aerospace Industry standard specific processes (Safety, Quality, and Productivity) will be an asset.
- Intermediate level experience with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
At De Havilland Canada, we aim to be inclusive and diverse and provide equal opportunity for employment. All qualified applicants, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability, are encouraged to apply. De Havilland will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.