We are currently searching for a Structural Engineer-in-Training in our Edmonton office. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team active on a wide variety of bridge projects throughout Alberta. You will have the opportunity to participate in field work, design, contract administration, and inspections. This position will present many opportunities and our expectation will be for the candidate to develop proficient skills in all areas of project delivery.
As the ideal candidate, you are an excellent communicator with effective organizational skills and leadership potential, who thrives in a dynamic work environment. Your abilities will be strengthened and grown through a range of projects focused on the delivery and management of bridge structure projects in Alberta. You will also have the opportunity to develop a career path focused on technical leadership, project management, client management, or a combination based on your career aspirations and qualifications.
What we offer:
- A centrally located office in the heart of downtown Edmonton that is easily accessible.
- A flexible work environment that allows for a combination of working from home and in the office.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including a fitness allowance, and company-matching pension program.
- Ongoing support for your growth and development, including a formal Professional Development program, mentorship programs, training opportunities, professional designation support and a Young Professionals Group.
- An on-site fitness centre accessible to all staff, with full amenities.
- Discounted rates at a neighboring childcare facility.
- An active Social Club that promotes social activities in and outside the office, and offers subsidized tickets to local events, such as the Taste of Edmonton.
What you will bring:
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution. Post-graduate degree in structural engineering is an asset.
- Registered, or eligible for registration as an Engineer-In-Training with APEGA.
- Strong commitment to self-development and continuous learning.
- Experience of structural analysis and structural behaviour. Bridge design experience is an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Committed team player and the ability to work independently.
- Valid Driver’s License.