Laboratory Technologist IV, Permanent Full-Time
Laboratory Services (Cytology), Central Newfoundland Regional Health Centre, Grand Falls - Windsor
Definition of work:
Reporting to the Regional Manager of Laboratory Services the Technologist IV performs administrative and supervisory duties within the Cytology division of the Laboratory. Performing advanced/highly specialized tests and procedures relating to cytology, or pathology requiring an advanced level of training. This is advanced technical work in Cytology, and the Technologist IV will provide lead direction and supervision within this division of the Laboratory. Included duties are, daily operation of the cytology lab including training new laboratory personnel, monitoring and troubleshooting equipment, as well as writing policies and technical procedures, and other related duties as required. The successful candidate will also be required to serve on relevant committees. The successful candidate must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for promoting and supporting person-and family-centered care, demonstrate a commitment to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks and implementing improvements.
- Graduation from High School with a diploma recognized by the Newfoundland & Labrador Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
· Graduation from an accredited program with a 3 year Diploma in Medical Laboratory. Technology or Undergraduate Degree (Science or Medical Laboratory) supplemented by an advanced diploma and/or training between 1 – 2 years in duration in Cytology.
· Current and continued registration with the NLCHP and CSMLS.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a cytotechnologist within the last 5 years.
· Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability as well as ability to multitask and work effectively in a team environment.
· Demonstrated attention to detail and well-developed organizational and problem solving skills.
· Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to teach and coach others.
· Consistent demonstration of Central Health’s corporate values; Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Stewardship and Quality.
· A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
· A satisfactory certificate of conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Office, Word, Paradigm and related computer programs.
Hours of Work: 70 hours biweekly (Shift work may be required)
Salary: LX 35 ($41.13-$51.79)
Competition No: P-2023000194-CNH
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Interested applicants are asked to apply on this position through eRecruit. Only applications received through eRecruit will be processed. The link to eRecruit is:
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $41.13-$51.79 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grand Falls-Windsor, NL A2A 2E1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person