Requisition ID: 329055
Posting End Date: Ongoing
Site: Golden Links Lodge Personal Care Home
Department / Unit: Nursing
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings; Nights; Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Directly accountable to the Director of Care and/or Designate, the Registered Nurse provides registered nursing services for patient/residents, including those with complex and unpredictable health needs. These services include: independent nursing services, administration of prescribed medical treatments, a leadership role within the health care team, and facilitating coordination of patient/resident care and discharge. May be responsible for directing other nurse, students, health care aides and other support staff in the performance patient/resident care. Collaborates with physicians and professional health staff in the facility and the community. The Registered Nurse demonstrates a commitment to the Mission, Vision, Values, goals and objectives of Golden Links Lodge. Performs all duties in accordance with established health and safety regulations/guidelines, policies and procedures (e.g. utilizing personal, protective equipment as per safe work procedures). Notifies DOC or designates (i.e. supervisors) of all occurrences, injuries illnesses or safety and health concerns which are likely to harm themselves, their co-workers, or any others who enter the premises.
- Demonstrates knowledge and support of:
- The vision, values, goals, and objectives of Golden Links Lodge.
- The Centre's Mission Statement, Residents Bill of Rights and Code of Conduct.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Workplace Hazardous Material Information System, (WHMIS) and Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
- College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses.
- Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses.
- Scope of practice as documented in the Registered Nurses Act.
- The Centre's policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Nursing care knowledge related to geriatrics and complex continuing care. Principles of Routine Practices.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team.
- Principles of delegation.
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual patient/resident or a group of patient/residents.
- Ability to delegate care appropriately and monitor outcomes of delegated care.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the health care team.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
- Critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient/residents, family member(s) and staff
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.