- Defines and ensures implementation of operating guidelines for team. Oversees progress within own area of responsibility, identifies and manages technical issues. Drives team performance to ensure that deliverables are met on time, as per the set contract, safety and quality requirements.
- 2. Customer and sales
- Ensures delivery of technical solutions according to customer requirements. Drives development of processes/practices based on customer feedback. Provides engineering support during the bid phase, ensures that the resources required to deliver the technical solutions are correctly accounted (e.g. the requirements for safety, technical competence, quality, schedule and cost).
- 3. Contract management
- Oversees contractual work within own area of responsibility. Conducts regular progress reviews, identifies and manages contractual risks.
4. Planning and control
- Ensures that the engineering team is adequately resourced, developed and equipped to meet business needs. Ensures correct assignments of tasks within the engineering team, defines relevant performance metrics. Creates work plans and cost estimates for engineering work.
- 5. Risk and opportunity management
- Ensures completion of risk assessments and opportunity assessments (e.g. variation orders and claims) and implementation of resulting actions across projects.
- 6. Supply chain management
- Collaborates with the Supply Chain function to ensure that correct suppliers services and equipment are available to support the engineering execution and lead technical evaluation of Vendors.
- 7. Technical leadership and development
- Facilitates best practice sharing within the engineering team.
- 8. Processes and tools
- Develops and drives continuous improvement activities to improve processes, policies, procedures and effectiveness within one’s area of responsibility.
- 9. People leadership and development
- Ensures (with HR support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates, coaches and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR polices.
- 10. Finance and budget
- Participates in defining the annual budget for area of responsibility and is accountable for managing performance against agreed financial targets and constraints.
Professional engineer of Ontario is a must, additional provincial Engineering licenses is a preference.
10+ years of Engineering and power System Solution Consulting experience involving Equipment Upgrades with in-Depth Knowledge of Low and Medium voltage apparatus.
Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Excellent English written and oral skills
- Ability to work independently and lead a diver-se/Multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent team player
- Exceptional communication and ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers, peers and team members
- Entrepreneurial, performance focussed and continued improvement focus
- Ability to formulate solutions to technical problems, prepare technical quotations and reports
See problems as a challenge and be able to find solu-tions through research, peer networking and Centre of Excellence networking
Willing to travel if / when needed for customer mee-tins, site support or training.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and support-ed. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage appli-cants to self-identify in the application process. ABB's Military Reservist Policy offers Canada's Reserve Force members the flexibility to undergo military training and activities while maintaining job security, seniority, pay, benefits, and privileges as ABB employees, including up to 15 paid working days per year for training, as well as extended leave for operations both in Canada and abroad, ensuring seamless career integration with our nation's defense forces. #LI-Hybrid