Advance Travel is a travel agency with many years of rich travel experience. We are headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Our company serves the Chinese community throughout Canada and has a good reputation. Advance means that the company is constantly improving and reaching a higher level. Our company and all staff are committed to bring the most professional and high-quality travel services to all customers.
As we are expanding our business and distinguish each staff’s responsibilities, we are now hiring an administrative assistant who has experience in handling office work, maintain office paperwork, greeting walk-in customers, prioritize the daily work schedule, facilitate admin work initiatives, organize conference etc.
. Co-ordinates daily administrative operation by organizing workload priorities.
.Provide support to travel consulting team including management of calendars, client appointments and travel.
. Greeting walk-in clients and answer enquiries from customers
. Organize and assign the incoming mail and emails. Forward them to appropriate staff
· Handle office and remote equipment maintenance including support with Office 365.
· Provide travel consulting team general support as required including filing, database management, and document production (including PowerPoint and Excel)
· Act as the network administrator for phones, teleconferencing services, remote access and user platforms.
. Organize and prepare meeting and conference with clients, government section and airline companies.
· Assist recruiting activities and onboarding of new staff.
. Maintain and order office supplies like bar supplies, pens and paper etc.
· 2+years of administrative experience in an office setting
· University or college degree
· Proven experience in Microsoft office suite and an aptitude for technology
· Well organized with high attention to detail
· Experience to anticipate needs to drive project work
· Ability to multitask deliverables with tight timelines.
Salary: $25-$26 per hour based on experience.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 10:00-6:00pm
Employment Type: Permanent and full time
Work location: Bedford, NS
Canadian Citizen and Permanent resident (Preferred)
Foreign workers need to get a valid Canadian work permit from Immigration office before coming to work.
The desired candidates will be contacted by email. Phone call or walk-in application will not be accepted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$26.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bedford, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Administrative experience (preferred)
- Front desk (preferred)
Work Location: In person