We are looking for an experienced Metallurgist to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing metallurgical analysis, developing new processes and procedures, and providing technical guidance and support. The Metallurgist will also be responsible for monitoring the performance of existing processes and making recommendations for improvement. This is an excellent opportunity for a professional with a passion for metallurgy to work in a fast-paced environment and contribute to the success of our organization.
- Analyze and evaluate the properties of metals and alloys.
- Conduct tests to determine the strength, hardness, and other properties of metals and alloys.
- Develop new methods of processing metals and alloys.
- Perform metallurgical research to develop new materials or improve existing ones.
- Design and develop new products or processes using metals and alloys.
- Develop and implement quality control systems for metal products.
- Evaluate the cost-effectiveness of different metals and alloys.
- Avoids conflict of interest situations.
- Ensures that management trust is not violated.
- Acts in the company best’s interests.
- Takes personal responsibility for quality of products or services rendered.
- Displays a positive, willing to work attitude, as someone who can be counted on to be at work, on time, every day.
- Focuses on learning technical practices.
- Becomes competent in execution and analysis of engineering/technical projects in their respective field.
- Prepares and distributes reports as required.
- Laboratory responsibilities (metallography) and engineering support.
- Adheres to quality procedures and initiates corrective actions.
- Learns and understands company EHS rules and regulations
- Wears protective equipment as required.
- Follows all safety rules.
- Reports safety hazards, unsafe acts, and any accidents as per company procedures
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person