Faculty/Department Faculty of Nursing Unit Nursing - Clinical Employee Group URFA CUPE 5791 Job Family N/A Category Sessional Practica Coach Number of Vacancies 25 Position Summary
The Faculty of Nursing invites applications for clinical nursing practica coaches. Registered Nurses or Registered Psychiatric Nurses with recent clinical experience across multiple care areas are encouraged to apply.
The position encompasses the instruction, supervision, mentorship, and evaluation of nursing students in various clinical, community, and lab/seminar settings throughout years 1-4 of the Saskatchewan Collaborative Bachelor of Science in Nursing (SCBScN) program. These responsibilities vary according to the practice education setting and the course assigned. Successful applicants will be required to abide by the policies, procedures, and health and safety guidelines of the University of Regina and the various agencies/settings where the clinical/seminar/lab or community work occurs.
The position’s responsibilities include formative and summative evaluation of student’s clinical/seminar/lab performance related to course competencies and learning outcomes. This may further include determining students’ clinical assignments, clinical instruction, evaluation of student progress, and support within the agency during student research time.
Responsibilities may include low, medium, and high-fidelity simulation and inter-professional teaching/learning events.
The work of this position requires exemplary collaboration and communication within the teaching teams and within the clinical setting’s interdisciplinary partners. This position requires exemplary collaboration and communication within the teaching teams and
Opportunities for participation in SCBScN program activities.
Travel may be required.
- Practicing membership in good standing with the College of Registered Nurses of Saskatchewan (CRNS) and/or the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan (RPNAS);
- CPR BLS Provider or BLS (HCP) must be current within two years;
- TLR must be current within three years;
- Mask fit testing must be current within three years;
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing;
- Minimum of two years recent and relevant experience as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse;
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills;
- Application of theory, practices, and principles of adult education; and,
- Facilitation and interaction in small groups by leading, modelling, and teaching.
Physical Demands Pay Grade Practica Coach Rates Salary Range $56.65 per hour Status Term Work Hours
- Hours and days of the week vary per course – including clinical research, clinical/lab experience, preparation, and evaluation time and are subject to change due to various factors, including pandemic considerations.
- Stipend includes course meetings and vacation pay.
Duration (if Term/Temporary) Full-Time/Part-Time Other Preference Posting Target Posting
Special Application Instructions
Your application documents are kept on for a year, after which you will be required to reapply.
* Please upload a copy of your CRNS or RPNAS registration verification and copies of your CPR BLS Provider or BLS, mask fit testing, and TLR certifications in the “Other” section of the required documents.
For existing Sessionals: Your curriculum vitae and teaching dossier are kept on file and automatically attached to your application. You may update your curriculum vitae and teaching dossier at any time by clicking on the “Attach” link next to the document you wish to upload and then upload your edited version. To remove your previous uploaded document from your application for this position, click the “Remove” link next to the document you wish to remove. Existing sessional instructors do not have to provide new references and transcripts with each application. After you have been hired the first time, just type n/a in the text box provided on the manage documents screen. If you require further information regarding this competition please contact the faculty/department you are applying to. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
The University of Regina is committed to an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the community that we serve. The University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including individuals within the University’s employment equity categories of women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.