Job Title: Manager Operational Staffing
Reports to: Director of Human Resources & Safety
Active Care Youth and Adult Services
Active Care Youth and Adult Services (ACYAS) is a progressive, innovative organization operating residential resources for youth and adults in British Columbia. It is our mandate to provide innovative, trauma-informed support services of exceptional quality and to do so in the context of a home environment. Currently, we are looking to temporarily fill this position for six months or until the incumbent returns. Should the incumbent not return your performance will be reviewed for sustainability and the opportunity to move to a full-time permanent position may be available.
Job Summary: The Manager of Operational Staffing position is within the Human Resource Department. The Manager works alongside the Management and Executive team to manage the operational needs for ACYAS in the areas of scheduling, recruitment and benefits and disabilities.
· Three to five (3-5) years scheduling, recruitment, and benefits experience
· Three to five (3-5) years Supervisory/Management experience
· Degree in a related field of study
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
· Must have or be in the process of acquiring CPHR Designation
· CPHR Designation considered an asset
· Class 5 Drivers License
Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent communication skills with all internal and external stakeholders including verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills.
· Strong professional boundaries.
· Engages and inspires others to accomplish organizational goals.
· Experience in project and people management.
· Exceptional organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
· Proven ability to make independent decisions.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. In accordance with legislated programs, collective agreement, and general Human Resources principles, manages the design, development and integration of comprehensive Recruitment and Selection strategies, practices, processes.
2. Develops and maintains recruitment and selection programs and policies and is responsible for recruiting qualified applicants to meet the objectives, priorities, and growth of the company.
Develops and maintains effective working relationships with the management group and key stakeholders to ensure compliance with and get buy in on recruitment policies, procedures and practices. Must continually balance the interests of multiple stakeholders and senior management in implementing new programs or initiatives.
4. Develops and communicates Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), monitors performance, and measures the effectiveness of the programs, processes and practices. Analyzes and reports on results to senior management team.
5. Ensures comprehensive and effective communications and change management strategies are in place to support the successful implementation of new initiatives in Recruitment and Selection.
6. Ensures the continuing development of a professional team, with the appropriate skills and competencies to provide timely and effective support to meet the needs of the company. Creates a favourable work environment such that the team is motivated and committed to deliver to the best of their abilities.
1. Engage and interact with the management group to monitor and meet the organizational staffing levels and budgetary expenditures.
2. Planning, leading, and managing day-to-day staffing needs and collaborating with the management team to match qualified staff with the needs of the programs and our youth and clients.
Mentoring, coaching and developing the scheduling department with a philosophy of trust, empowerment and appreciation that fosters a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
Overseeing and managing schedule processes and conducting all relevant internal audits.
5. Develop and manage processes regarding vacation, training, and leaves etc.… to ensure that staffing levels still meet the baseline needs of the company.
Benefits and Claims Department:
Oversee the administration of benefit programs and ensure the enrolment of all eligible employees.
Work with the senior management to analyze the current benefit program and provide recommendations to improve it.
Conduct regular training and workshops to educate employees about benefit plans and answer any questions they might have.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: $66,560.00-$83,200.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kamloops, BC V2C 3J4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-06